Topic: VERY SIMPLE and CLEAN

WHO IS THE GREATEST "SONG SMITH" THE LAST 50 YEARS?
I GO FOR:
- BOB DYLAN.
1)Why? he is a master in writing songs that EVERY SINGLE guitar player can play.
His songs have a simple structure in fact, 3 to 4 chords and the chord sequence he uses.
He might be not the best guitar player  but if I could only reach his ankles, I swear: tommorow I will play sitting in my wheelchair (no joke my friends I have a wheelchair now, but still able to walk WITH my crouches) and play 20 Dylan songs.
2) What? playing 30 Dylan songs are recognized immediately.
3) Other? How many songs didn't he write for other bands, especially th BYRDS.
He wrote a lot of songs for a lot of people and if you ask the man on the street who wrote The Mighty Quinn, the answer would be MANFRED MANN. "All along the watchtower" a lot will answer JIMI Hendrix, "Like a Rolling Stone" the STONES and I can go on for a long time, but the last song "KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR" Gun's n Roses of course.

Yes we have Lennon & McCartney and many others but the "song emperor" is BOB DYLAN

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: VERY SIMPLE and CLEAN

Hi phil,I think I will second that vote on Bob Dylan as the song emperor, he is a fantastic writer. I am sorry too hear you are having too use a weelchair now. I hope you will try to use your legs as much as you can bear.Good luck                              dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

No boubt adout it... Bob Dylan #1. His style influenced many writers and many bands.His songs have been covered by countless bands.His lyrics have moved a nation. To top it all off, I think they still do today.

Sorry to hear about the wheelchair Doc, at least it doesn't sound like your gonna let it slow you down. smile
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi doc,

i will go along with dylan, even though as you say; other artistes covered his songs, i will add that most improved on them performance wise. i never liked his vocal delivery or his harmonica playing, having said that his songs do make it easy for the beginner to get a start on playing the guitar.
i admit i never understood his hidden meanings and still dont, his best work for me was on the travelling wilburys albums.

i like songs that tell a story that you can identify with, which is why i vote for ian anderson of jethro tull.

why; each song tells a story, backed up by excellent musicianship and well produced and arranged.

also jon anderson of yes and vangelis fame, for much the same reasons as above.

these are my opinions and i respect your opinions

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.