Topic: SAME BAND, SAME ALBUM, DIFFERENT SONGS or TRACK LISTING

There are quit a lot of albums with a different track list depending on countries.
Like Fleetwood Mac, with the album English Rose and I believe the play on.
You often see an album with track one in Europe will be track 5 in the USA and possible not present on the Japanese album.
What is the reason of changing track numbers or bringing an almost similar album out in the UK versus USA?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: SAME BAND, SAME ALBUM, DIFFERENT SONGS or TRACK LISTING

lets take sony as a forinstance; an artist records an album for the uk market, then his record producer tries to get it released in the us. the us company may decide that 15 songs maybe too many, and they could save a few for the next album, in effect making three albums from two as was done with the stones and beatles in the 60's. i didnt realise that this was still being done today!

i may be completely wrong, if so ....sorry

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I would say yer right Phil.

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

If you see the sequence of the songs there is often a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 3 major markets.
- UK + EUROPE
- JAPAN
- USA
Take the BEATLES on the UK album you will have "let it be" on 1, "yesterday" on 2, "paperback writer on 3 on the UK album, in Japan "let it be" is on 5, and "paperback writer" is not on the album.
in the USA "yesterday" is on 1.
WHY? is this dependant of musical taste?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]