Topic: Sneaky secret recordings

John Reno (guitar/vocal) and I (tuba/vocal) flew to Seattle to play a series of house concerts for our beloved parrothead buddies in the northwest. I sent my tuba out U.P.S. ground nine days before we arrived. It had no new dents that I could tell. cool
House concerts are a great way to enjoy live music without having to drive out to some bar or auditorium and running the risk of a DUI. A couple will invite 20 to 50 friends and neighbors to their home for a live concert. The host couple provides finger foods and some drinks. The guests bring drinks and pay $20 to $50 per couple to pay the band. Setting up four or five of these in one area can pay the travel expense and have us back home after a fun trip with a few bucks left over for mom'n'nem.
This guy secretly recorded us at two of the venues. I think he was the guy who sat in and sang with us on the "We Do" song.
He uploaded 10 videos to You Tube. I typed john reno in the search box on You Tube and got this:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … =&aq=f
This person was a fan and got no profit from the videos. He wanted to share it with his friends and we cannot fault him for it.
However some of the tunes were covers (mostly late night naughty tunes) and we have no permission or mechanical licenses to record them. We should pull them down but we'd like to leave them up long enough for all our rowdy friends to see.
Are we going to jail for this?
Sleepless about Seattle,
Dennis

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: Sneaky secret recordings

Hi tubatooter,I really dont think you need too worry or loose any sleep over it,stuff like that happens all the time. If you  went out and recorded it and sold cd copys etc it  would.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi tubatooter 1940,

Well  How wonderful . I never have heard a tuba played so melodically before. My  Respect to you Sir.

I also neve seen microphone stands with beer bottle holders on them ! lol fantastic. Loved all the songs, some id never heard before.

The Tuba is so big to get around. It must be like trying to get an old disabled Aunt in and out of a car. Sending it on ahead is the only way i guess.

I enjoyed this post, so Thanks again. { to your friends also }

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I wouldnt worry about it tubatooter...Bands play cover songs all night at bars for money....you have no control over what anyone else does while you are playing...Id leave it up and if youtube has a prob with it...they will just delete it...i see people doing cover songs on youtube everywhere..and im pretty sure they didnt get any kind of permission...

Good stuff tuba, sounds like you were having a blast.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Mr Tubatooter1940,
  I really like your sound and the concept of tuba w/ acoustic guitar. You play that bad boy very, very well sir! Thanks for posting the links. If you're ever on the gulf coast of FLA(Tampa Bay area) I got a spot for you in my mixer, if you're intersted. Shoot me a private e-mail and let me know if you'll be down this way in the future and I seriously could have some PAYING work for you......

Peace and Guitar, (and Tubas too!)
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thank you all for your encouragement.
John is my son's age but we both love silly songs. I hope he keeps working with me as long as my skills are up to it. So much fun!
SouthPaw41L - sir, e-mail coming to you with my thanks.
Dennis Gray
tubatooter1940
http://www.johnreno.com/home.html

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?