Topic: Acoustic/Rock in Piedmont, or Triad NC

Looking to start/join band or acoustic act. I play some guitar, mostly write songs and sing. I have demos on the internet. I'm 26, and live in Winston-Salem, NC, actually Lewisville.

Re: Acoustic/Rock in Piedmont, or Triad NC

Hi Newregime and welcome to Chordie! I'm not interested or good enough to play in public, but I wanted to say hi to a neighbor - I also live in Lewisville!

Please post a link to your demos, I'd like to give them a listen. And let me know if you'd like to get together for a bit of strumming one day!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sweet, I didn't think I would find anyone close by. My link is below. All songs are originals, with the excepton of course being Knockin on Heaven's Door. Let me know what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/rumorbleu

4 (edited by cameronkl7 2008-09-20 18:33:22)

Hi Newregime,

I'm another local, well, kinda, sorta, but not far at all, I'm from just outside of Lexington. I'm still learning, but it's always nice to know someone so close. Topdown has been on here longer than me, I think he's probably better than he lets on!

Cam

Ps..I like the 3 chords song

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Well you have 3 chordians close together... You should really set up a saturday or sunday for a little jam session  wink Let the date be known and I'd be happy to make the 3hr. drive smile -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi Guitarpix,

If I'm not mistaken you and Topdown got together once before didn't I read that here once, he talked about how good you are as I remember. I hope to be only 1/4 that good one day.

Cam

Cam - Pix graciously drove the 3 hour trip to visit me a while back. He offered lots of tips, brought 3 or 4 of his guitars and I had a blast. If you would like to get together some afternoon or evening for a front porch strum-a-long, just let me know. Beers are on me!

Hi Topdown,

I really appreciate your offer, but I'm afraid I would just hold you back so to speak, I need much more pratice, but again I do appreciate your offer.

Cam

Yeah, beer and front porch strumming.  That's the way to go.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hi Topdown,

I was just wondering if you got my email that I sent back to you. I sure hope so, sounds like a great time!

Cam

Cam - I got the email and am looking forward to meeting you for some stummin' and suds! I work out of town during the week and I'm takin' my lady out of town this weekend for our anniversary, but like I said, let me know when you can make a trip up to the "dash"  (W-S) and I am sure we will have a great time. Bring the wife - the more the merrier!