1 (edited by Cazador 2008-09-21 17:01:24)

Topic: What size is a normal guitar?

At the moment I have a small guitar that i think is a 3/4 length but i don't know.I found a guitar that is a bit bigger than it but im sure if i should buy it cause i'm not sure if its another 3/4 length or what.

Edit:Please post sizes in centimeters.

Re: What size is a normal guitar?

I have just measured my two guitars for you.

My standard Fender 6 string acoustic is 101.5cm from top of headstock to the base of the body, my jumbo 12er is 108cm but this has a longer headstock. The measurements fron the botton of the body to the nut is probably a more acccurate at 84cm and 86cm respectively.

I hope this helps.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

3 (edited by Cazador 2008-09-21 17:26:15)

Roger Guppy wrote:

I have just measured my two guitars for you.

My standard Fender 6 string acoustic is 101.5cm from top of headstock to the base of the body, my jumbo 12er is 108cm but this has a longer headstock. The measurements fron the botton of the body to the nut is probably a more acccurate at 84cm and 86cm respectively.

I hope this helps.

Roger

But is you fender a regular sized guitar or is it a quarter length?cause my guitar is 93cm but i think its a classical guitar,i'm not sure.
I asking this cause i found a cheap guitar today that's a bit bigger then my one currently and i'm not sure if i should buy it.

My Fender is a standard sized guitar.

If the guitar you found is the right price and it suits you (the action feels good, it is comfortable to play and the tone is good) then I would suggest you go for it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

My Fender is a standard sized guitar.

If the guitar you found is the right price and it suits you (the action feels good, it is comfortable to play and the tone is good) then I would suggest you go for it.

Roger

I would but i'm sick of having a small guitar.I want to try have a regular sized one.

My guitar (Freshman acoustic) is 106cm total length.  Play whatever you're comfortable with !  smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Guitars come in a variety of shapes and sizes. I guess "normal" could be considered a 14 fret dread. So a Martin Dread is 40.5" = 102.87 cm.

Here's a few links that might be helpful (sorry - dimensions are in inches).

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/fea … hapes.html

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/size.html

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Size don't matter that much if you can strum it correctly.

Nela

9 (edited by mixter102 2008-09-22 06:29:04)

The correct scale length for a full sized acoustic guitar is 65cm measured from nut to bridge.  Smaller scale guitars may vary some, but a 3/4 scale guitar will be at or very close to 57cm.
Headstocks and bodys may vary by size based on the brand, so measuring from nut to bridge will be the most accurate way to check.