Topic: SWEET SUSTAIN

I am doing my recording session tomorrow at traxx 52 and I am going to play a lead solo in my song "another day" so an idea crossed my mind what if...I plug my guitar in the digital BR-8 recorder and use the effects patches and run from my left and right outs useing the same chord I plug into my computer and put an adapter on the small stereo plug that will let me plug into my small epiphone amp and use the delay and sustain on the effects loops or patches on the BR-8 and see if it will kick it out of the amp in theory it should work so I gave it a shot and what came out of the amp was the sweetest sustain and delay I ever used so.... im taking my recorder and my small amp to the session and let them mic the amp with there excelent studio microphones and I worked out a nice solo that allows for a little diversity so it dont sound to contrived I cant wait to unleash some pent up energy and rip a few licks off and several people will be in the recording booth so I know my ego will fuel my creativity, humility has no place when your struttin your stuff, theres a time to rip and a time to refrain from embracing a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecclesiastes chapter 3 1:5) well thats not exactly how it go's but it points out theres a time for everything and humility can wait a few minutes till after im done with my guitar solo smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: SWEET SUSTAIN

Have some fun at traxx Russell
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Have fun Russell...lay down an epic solo (of biblical proportions!!!)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Kenny thanks it should be a lot of fun,I know its serious business (I have to pay for the session) and there's bound to be some jitters (normal) but I have one of the best piano players on the planet,Gary Haseley, who has recorded with me in the past on other projects on board and I have arranged for some special lighting for videotaping in the studio I made a checklist of everything I need to bring along (not taking any chances) to the studio,the session starts at 7pm and I will be there at 5:45 to hook everything up, get a sound check, and run through the song.We will be useing a baby grand piano (Steinway) for the keyboards and also adding some strings with the Korg synth. I think I covered every base and unless some aliens abduct me or any unforeseen events occur the session will go as planned smile

Geo a big Amen to that and thanks smile

geoaguiar wrote:

Have fun Russell...lay down an epic solo (of biblical proportions!!!)

The session went fine we recorded the acoustic guitar,bass and piano tracks but my voice selected the wrong time to crack on me so the vocals will have to be done over and my guitar solo will be recorded when I come back early next month.It was a disappointment but all things considered the best thing to do.Some good news,The owner has arranged for a real LIVE drummer to record the percussion tracks this will make a big difference in the final results and he suggested a female singer to sing harmonies so I said "give it a shot it might turn out good"none of the added personal will cost me more anymore and may lead to other projects. My final thoughts: when you record at home there is quite a difference in not only sound quality but mixing quality as well, and in the studio your "under the gun" and the smallest of screw ups will go noticed and must be redone. At home we tend to ignore these little "boo boos" in favor of quickly uploading them and hoping nobody will notice them, or if they do, dismiss them as unimportant because they add the "human element" and give the song character but in a recording studio no such leeway is granted because you are not controlling the equipment your working with a sound engineer who dose this for a living and its there job to ferret out boo boos that you would let pass,to be sure it was a good session but not everything went as planned (my plan) I was of the opinion a finished recording would result and I would have something to upload for everyone to listen to but nooooooooooo it didn't happen, and will have to wait because the "pie"is still in the oven so more on this when there is more to tell smile

Oh well you cannot win them all Russ, but on the bright side you will end up with a real drummer and a pretty lady to sing the backing vocals, well worth the wait I reckon.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Sorry to hear that Russ.
So until you back in there....... drink lots of water,absolutely no singing and absolutely no talking and don't cut your fingernails too short. lol
All good things in time my friend and I echo Rogers thoughts on the percussion and vocal back up.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

A pretty lady? with my luck she'll look like Quasimodo lol I dont care what the drummer looks like and long as he can count to four,we rescheduled for the 17Th of October so that should give the newbies to this project ample time to work with the tracks we laid last night and for my voice to mend (I'm doing my best to sound optimistic in the face of aridity) I dont think its working because down in my gut its saying "bull feathers" but I'll get over it I always do and be my cheerful self in a day or so,,, smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Oh well you cannot win them all Russ, but on the bright side you will end up with a real drummer and a pretty lady to sing the backing vocals, well worth the wait I reckon.

Roger

Hey Russ,

I sincerely hope your voice is OK for the 17th but as back-up remember I did put my name down as a vocalist in your lists. Air fare and expences is all I will need lol lol lol

Roger

PS I am an optimist so I am sure she will be pretty.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That's odd Roger I was just going to ask you to come to America! of course you will have to stow away on some oil tanker and eat peanut butter for several days and when you get to the states you will need to hitchhike to Wisconsin and I will let you sleep in my closet lol because I live in a one room efficiency apartment so I look forward to seeing you real soon lol of course I may just win the lottery or some African prince will send me a notice notifying me of the millions of dollars waiting to be deposited in my bank account if i provide him with all my personal information (sure I will,when pigs can fly) but I appreciate the offer and I hope your optimistic view is correct smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hey Russ,

I sincerely hope your voice is OK for the 17th but as back-up remember I did put my name down as a vocalist in your lists. Air fare and expences is all I will need lol lol lol

Roger

PS I am an optimist so I am sure she will be pretty.