Topic: Another Chord question

Hi Everyone,

There is a George Strait song "I cross my heart" that has a D chord, but right next it, it has a chord thats called D*  My question is how is the D* played, is it different than just the open D or the same.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Another Chord question

Hey Cam, I'm not sure what the tabbers intent was but listening to the song, I'd just stay with plane old D smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey Cam - Sometimes it is helpful to click on the "original song" link - oftentimes it gives a clue to the original tabbers intent. In this case it is a Dsus fingered x00230.

Here's the original song:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.ph … p;id=85415

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Guys, I knew I could get the answer here. I had seen this in other songs, though they don't come to mind right now

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Ah, I've seen that for American Pie... I wondered what it meant too, but never got around to asking. Now i know.. smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

I may be wrong but doesn't D+ indicate a D augmented chord as a passing chord into the G change?

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?