Topic: forget the glorious 12th

Yeah so lets forget the glorious 12th ( the name given for the beginning of grouse shooting in Scotland)

because tomorrow is the glorious september weekend ( a public holiday for glasgow and surrounding areas on the last weekend of september every year)

Which means it is The Isle of Jura folk festival yet again, It just seems less than 12 months since I was there last lol time has flown in so quickly.
This year we are taking the kids. Only the kids my wife and I are going instead of a group of friends but I am sure  iwill still have a few drams after breakfast about 9am while playing my guitar to the other campers and get them in the mood for when the pub opens at 11am and we all continue our party that we start on the Friday afternoon.

It will take us 7 and a half hours to get there even though it is only about 120 miles as the crow flies, most time is spent waiting on ferries and being on a ferry. even though the ferry is only 2 hours for one and 10 minutes for the other.

I would ask anyone got any exciting plans for this weekend but then it probably is not a holiday in most places and even if you answer I will not read it until late Monday night or Tuesday afternoon in my work.

so, hope ye all have a great weekend no matter what yer doing.

see you all in 4 or 5 days time

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: forget the glorious 12th

Your probably reading this now that you are home, so I'm glad you had a good time.I'm guessing you need some snooze time cause it's off to work tomorrow.You can fill us in then. smile
Sleep...Must have Sleep...Must have sle-e-e-e-e-

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hiking on Friday, unless it rains too much.  If it rains too much to hike, then I'm going paddling in the swollen creeks.  Either way, I'm going to wind up wet, cold, physically exhausted and smiling. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I have to work, picked up a side job painting interior doors. Hope ya have a grand time.
Live music is a great joy.

cool .. Badeye.

one caper after another

Heading into the Scottish wilderness for a spot of camping. There may be whisky involved...

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Spent the day hiking in the mist.  Beautiful.  I'll post a link to some pictures once I get them downloaded.  There was no whiskey involved until I was safely at home in my easy chair, and then just a touch. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

The Jura folk festival was maybe perhaps the best yet.
I never got as drunk as I thought I would though, but that didnt matter as I had a fantastic time. I even had an audience of about 126 folk on Sunday night in the pub.
yes, I had a few beers before that as I wasnt meant to be on there but got sort of forced into it, but i loved it and I think I will have my own slot next year for 15 -20 songs.

Weather was not bad, a bit showery on the Sunday.
Kids loved it, they were on best behaviour as they want to go every year now.

Car broke down 1 minute before boarding the ferry to come home so got home a bit later than expected. I got it started again as I watch my ferry sail off from the pier. typical!!! that will teach me to leave the radio , lights, fans on with out the engine running for a few hours , lmao.

I took a few pics and will find a song to put them to and post them on youtube soon.

Ken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVKBH-IYNC0

some pics from the jura folk festival. Give it a bit of time and the music will eventually start.
not me singing but it is better than just looking at pics.

Ken

Ken just watched the pics from your trip...Thats what its all about...great sound track. thks smile

Cool pictures.  Looks like a blast.

On a practical matter - I liked that big green tent.  That didn't happen to be yours, did it, Ken?  Maybe tell me the make and model if it is?

Looks like everyone on board had a great time Ken. smile
Good job with the pics and cool choice for soundtrack
Thanks
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Looks like a real good time was had by all it makes you feel like your there (the music and photos) I think I would have enjoyed the rain thanks ken for the link smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Brilliant! I hope you don't mind I had a wee look at some of your other videos. Man, there's some great songs on there. More power to yer elbow big yin. Gaun yersel!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi Ken,
Loved the pictures and music. It took me back to a few years ago when we joined a group of sailors to sail around the Isle of Mull in Scotland.
We'll never forget motoring up the the entrance of Fingal's Cave in a dead calm. I would have loved to hear the sound of a horn blown from inside that beautiful cavern.
A tiny harbor village called Tobormory made us welcome and I got to drag out my Martin Backpacker and sing and play for our group and many of the locals at a wonderful pub there.
Good times,
Dennis

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Zurf wrote:

Cool pictures.  Looks like a blast.

On a practical matter - I liked that big green tent.  That didn't happen to be yours, did it, Ken?  Maybe tell me the make and model if it is?

Hi Zurf,
It does happen to be my tent. Best tent I have bought in 24 years of camping, bad thing is it is not very good to fit in a rucksack, so i will stick to my wee one man tent for that. lol
I got it from ebay this year for £56. It was brand new and usually retails at about £250
it is a
RAGE HAMAR 500 DLX tent. It can sleep about 5 or 6 very comfortably. it has an inside area for sitting when raining as well as the porch part in the front as long as the rain is coming straight down and not sideways.
I looked up " frame tent" on ebay and got this. I have seen it selling for £47 as well as £85. Took me a while before I got the price I was happy with. One time I was willing to pay £70 but I got outbidded, luckily I never got outbidded for what i paid.

Ken

Great pics ken, I bet everyone had a great time.

Take Care.. Badeye cool

one caper after another

Thanks Ken.  I'll see if it's available in the States.   I usually base camp at a campground where I can drive right up, so fitting in a rucksack is not meaningful to me.  Fitting in the bed of a truck is all it's got to do.   And I've got a fairly big truck.

- Zurf

Great pics Son,

love the background song.  Lovely Family also. long may you live love and share your lives.

happiness written all over those pictures. So great to see.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks Lena,
we all had a great happy time.
And this weekend we are off up into the hills together with a few other couples and kids. But saturday i have to find an excuse to get away to watch the game. I even sold my tickets for the scotland game so i could go away this weekend, so i got to go to the pub.

Ken