Topic: nervous

ive been asked to go and play with some people and im bricking it any advice ive got no experience playing with others any advice would be great they want me to play lead guitar there into foo fighters sort of stuff anything PLEASE

Jimmy

Re: nervous

I knowhow ye feel jimmy,
some may disagree but
WHISKY

always does the trick for me. some say dutch courage but i say scotch courage ,lol

Not too much though or ye will be like jelly.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ah, whiskey can produce the sound of angels

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Whenever I'm faced with a nerve-racking situation, I remember the saying "man up".

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Dont worry about being nervous everytime I face a live audience I get butterflys but they dissapear after a few chords,its normal and you settle down just show um what ya got smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Don't worry about it. Since they asked you to play with them they have assumed that you got the brightest eye's in the 'tater patch. Be honest about your ability and tell them just how great you are. Never back down. Follow the advice from Upyerkilt about the whiskey But instead of you drinking it, show up early and get everybody else drunk. That way, when you tell them the next day about how good you played they'll believe you. If you get them drunk enough you can lead into a fast version of "Old McDonald's Farm" and have everybody singin' 'long.

Nela