Topic: getting your songbook offline to your hard drive or memory stick

I have tried the method of going to view/print and save as a webpage archive and it has not worked for me. Does anyone know of any other ways. I run Windows XP. I would love to be able to get it to my hard drive so I can pick and choose much easier what to print if I so desire. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you

Re: getting your songbook offline to your hard drive or memory stick

Hi jwschoo and welcome to Chordie,

If you go to your Songbook and click on the 'View/Print Songbook' tag, then on the toolbar click on the tag at the side of 'Page' to reveal the dropdown menu. Then click on the 'Edit with Microfoft Word'. This will open the Songbook within Word and you can then save but make sure you change the type from *.html to *.doc before you click 'Save'. You will get a message saying that some features are not supported but click 'continue'.

The whole songbook will be saved as a Word document and looks a little odd in preview with boxes around the chords and lyrics. You are able to highlight, copy and paste the individual songs to a new document and, when printed, the boxes do not show on the hard copy.

I do not know if anyone has an easier method but this works for me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"