Topic: On wah pedals....

Hey guys. I'll be looking at getting a wah pretty soon, and I was wondering who could offer me some advice on what to look for.  I think the one I like more than any of the others is the Ibanez Weeping Demon.  I've read excellent reviews on it, maybe I'll see if my local guitar store has one to try.  Anyone use this pedal? I read it's a lot better than the Cry Baby.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: On wah pedals....

the hendrix pedal is really good------ there are 2 of them -- one is good and one isnt as good

Anyone use the Weeping Demon?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

The best in my opinion would have to be the VOX Fuzz Wah.  They started it and still put a decent product out there.

I have a Morley wah and I don't like it. If the pedal moves lets say 3 inches up and down, for me the usable area is only about 3/4 of an inch. Too far one way, and its too muddy. Too far the other way and its too bright. I've heard other people say the same about the original cry baby. I think somebody makes one with an adjustable "sweep" or a "Q" whatever that means. I don't know who though. Like anything, its best to try them all before deciding which one to buy.

I have owned both I have the hendrix pedal that has a input for a 9 volt adapter it is the better of the two in my opinion and sounds really nice with some overdrive or sustain mixed with a little delay smile

brokenarrow5 wrote:

the hendrix pedal is really good------ there are 2 of them -- one is good and one isnt as good

"Growing old is not for sissies"

This months G&B magazine rated Fender's Fuzz-Wah pedal 'sweetest wah' but awarded Foxx's Fuzz-Wah top marks for best fuzz, decent wah, octaver and phasing.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'