Topic: Tanglewood TH502 Semi Acoustic

Has anyone come across these before? I've currently only got a £60 Lorenzo acoustic.

I had a go on one in my local guitar shop, and I actually liked the size and sound of it, both plugged in and not. But I'm not 100% sure what im looking for quality wise. It's price is £205, so its a bit of a step up from my current one!

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: Tanglewood TH502 Semi Acoustic

I have played this guitar too and like all the Tanglewoods I have tried, even straight off the shelf, the action is pretty good.

The price seems fair. I have seen them at £174 and £195 on the Internet and there would be p&p on top of that, but it is always better to play the actual guitar you are going to buy as there can be differences, even with identical models. You might try and get a gig bag and strap thrown, in to sweeten the deal, if you do decide to go for it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i bought a tanglwood in july   TW 115ST-LH  it sounded pretty good in the store  but it hurt my fingers alot   hmm
after a few days of pain  i decided i need somthing a lot better so i ordered a left handed martin D-28  the factory had to make me one  while waiting i took the tanglewood  to a guitar repair guy  and he lowered the strings  for me  its now fantastic  i just love it     after ten weeks of waiting  my martin arrived   im having the strings lowered on that now too    for the money  tanglewood   is a good guitar  and quite well made  and its made  somewhere in the U.K   and not  in china  like most of the guitars  you will find  in your local guitar shop

I have a Tanglewood TW145 and I love it! I don't think I could have found a better guitar suited to myself. They sound wonderful, beautifully made and they play perfectly.

I recommend! smile

Well i decided to buy it, and I have not regretted it! The strings are a bit higher than my old guitar, but It just sounds brilliant!

Its advisable to get it Set up by a professional correct? Would that involve me simply taking it into a shop, and going one setup please!

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

My Tanglewood (TW15NS) is an absolute beauty! The action is a little high and it took some getting used to but now I'm fine with it: you just need to build up your finger strength. I had thought about taking it to get it lowered a little but then I read that it could have an adverse effect on the sound. because I adore the noise it makes, it's staying as it is. You could always try lighter strings if you find it uncomfortable.

No desire to touch the fire,
It's just a...just a sad obsession.

when the guitar makers  build guitars they set the strings at medium hieght  its worth the time and effort  to have them lowered .. i found a luthier  who does this for a living   dont take it to a guitar shop  where some hack in the back room will mess it up   it didnt cost very much to have both guitars done    and havent noticed no problems  the ony thing i do know is that now i can play the tanglwood or the martin  for hours  and my fingers dont hurt   any more   and you right about  the sound that  the tanglewood makes .

Evening Lads/ lasses

After advice on the forums I was looking to buy a epiphone es 335 nicely priced at £230 sterling,When to the shop( i cant buy owt without handling it )  none left So i took a look at the Tanglewood TH 502, being a novice, and not a good player i asked the bloke in the shop to give it a bash! what a sound! even to my untrained ear..so i bought it £189 with Gibson Wide Strap, a good quality 10ft lead and picks to sweeten the deal and no Dominic littlewood i sight lol
( people in the UK will understand the last bit) and saving£60 into the bargain
Am happy as a pig in Sh*** lol

Best Wishes  The Mooch

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool