Topic: MATCHING THE STRINGS

i'M NOT SURE IF THIS HAS BEEN COVERED ELSEWHERE?

oops caps! sorry

guitars Acoustic & a recently bought Tanglewood 502h.

music i like /tend to play Country, 50's stuff, ballads, i dont play metal, heavy rock type, and tend not to use a pick

I'm wondering what strings to use? i have ernie ball acoustics 12 on my Acoustic

I havent a clue what the tanglewood 502 are shipped with? though i think they might be Tens of some make? it is these am looking to change.

Regards Micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: MATCHING THE STRINGS

Try Elixir strings, they are the best on the market. best prices on ebay.

Has anyone else had trouble with Elixirs on electric guitars? I have them on my acoustic and like them a lot. When I put a set on a solidbody electric, I developed a grounding issue. Most electrics have the bridge tied in to the signal ground, which means the strings are at ground potential, to prevent shocks and stop noise. The coating on the Elixirs prevented the strings from making a good ground connection with my TOM bridge, so the guitar sounded really noisey through an amp. Switching to a noncoated string did the trick. Now I use DR pure nickle on my electrics with great results.

I've only used Elixirs on my acoustics ... still my favorite strings so far

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

DrewDruncan wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble with Elixirs on electric guitars? I have them on my acoustic and like them a lot. When I put a set on a solidbody electric, I developed a grounding issue. Most electrics have the bridge tied in to the signal ground, which means the strings are at ground potential, to prevent shocks and stop noise. The coating on the Elixirs prevented the strings from making a good ground connection with my TOM bridge, so the guitar sounded really noisey through an amp. Switching to a noncoated string did the trick. Now I use DR pure nickle on my electrics with great results.

I haven't used them on an electric but what you're saying makes perfect sense. Are they the Nano or Polyweb version? Maybe going to the thinner (Nano I think) would help make your ground. I thought the electric strings were not coated all the way down to the ball????? Interesting...thanks for pointing that out.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello