Topic: crimbo is near

Well not long really to go until crimbo ( christmas)

My wife has been doing some shopping already ( nothing for me yet though)

No idea what she has got our daughter, it has nothing to do wit hmusic so I forget easily. But she told me last night she has bought our son an electric guitar!!!!! Yipeee I thought until she said it was a three quarter length one so now I am thinking it might be a toy one, lets hope not.

I tried him on an acoustic guitar a few years ago when he was 8 but his fingers were just a bit too small for my guitars and also he got very sore fingers just trying to hold one chord, so hopefully wit hthe electric he will be able to learn this and play chords. Beauty of it is power chords on an electric, with these chords anyone can do a few songs. I am sure he will love it, especially when i buy a distortion pedal for it ( wife doesnt know this yet). Thanks to that awful WWf wrestling stuff it is getting him in to rock music without my help.
I might have anew jamming partner this time next year if he keeps up with it and takes it seriously.

I was wanting a new guitar hard case but I need a good pair of walking boots this year as my old ones have now came to an end of their life as I found out last week.

what is everyone else wanting for crimbo or if ye have kids, what are they getting?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: crimbo is near

Not sure what we're gonna do yet for crimbo(I like that term) we call it crizzy in our house. Our son just turned 3 yesterday and got his very own, red, squire, mini-strat with a Jimi Hendrix strap! He loves it and it fits him perfectly. A few months ago we were watching music videos on VH1Classic( no cartoons in our house!?!?) and a  recent live Who video came on w/ Pete playing a red strat. My son went nuts and asked over and over again if  I'd take some of my tip jar money and buy it for him.(haha) How could I refuse?............

Give everything but up.

fantastic , ye just cannot refuse that.

Ken

I have 3 boys and they all want a PSP each... So that's probably the main thing on the list. Three of those and few games are going to set me back around $800! I went the musical route last year and got each of them a guitar (1 electric and 2 acoustics) and a years worth of free lessons from dear old dad smile They also got a drum set and keyboard last year so music's been covered. I guess I'll let them indulge in the games this year...Maybe it'll free up the PS3 for me to play on more often wink

Me and the wife don't usually do anything for ourselves on Christmas. We put it all to the kids and family and then when tax checks come out we indulge ourselves.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

What is PSP, and PS3?

Give everything but up.

6 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-10-25 16:22:39)

SouthPaw41L wrote:

What is PSP, and PS3?

PSP (Playstation Portable) PS3 is the Playstation 3. (Gaming consoles) They get it from me...lol I'm a long time hardcore gamer myself.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Ken

My nephew has a three quarter size electric. It's anything but a toy. It's certainly not a quality guitar but it is fantastic for getting the youngsters hooked. I've had a few good nights round there bashing out a few songs on it after a couple of drinks. Electrics are so much easier to learn on (in my opinion anyway). It's a lot easier to fret the strings and so play chords on (again, my opinion) than a big, heavier stringed, steel acoustic.

I also hope everyone's kids don't read this forum, or the surprise could be ruined.

Apart from that, well done for getting the first Christmas post on to the forum so early! lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Guitarpix wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

What is PSP, and PS3?

PSP (Playstation Portable) PS3 is the Playstation 3. (Gaming consoles) They get it from me...lol I'm a long time hardcore gamer myself.

Thanks Guitarpix, I was thinkin' the PSP was a relative of the Paul Reed Smith or somethin' of the sort. My gaming days ended in the arcades(a LONG time ago???!!!I'm so old.....) with Donkey Kong, Air Hockey, Space Invaders,  and Ms. Pac Man............

Give everything but up.

Space Invaders - glory days ! Though I was the guy carressing the pinball machine to within a micron of a tilt.

Upyerkilt, wish you well with the young'un. My youngest got a pink strat copy last Xmas. She wouldn't contemplate any assistance from me, so I used to listen to her crank up the amp. Then she got headphones and now plugs her cd's in to play along, so she's on her own.

She's sometimes on this site, so I'll really have embarrassed her with this. So to make it more excruciating - I mind the time in a Ballymena music store. She was standing there, dressed in black, in her skinny jeans, studded belt and Ramones T-shirt. The 60 year old assistant looks at her and says ( in a Ballymena accent that would rock a barn door at fifty paces ) "So are you a Roaaaaack Chick, then?" Oh, cringe, oh awfullness . . .

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

smile smile lol lol

Alan, you are just like me by the looks of it. If my boy came on here I would be saying all the things that make me cringe so he could read it and then maybe something might click and I would never cringe again.
But thankfully he doesnt come on here or I would not have told everyone what he is getting.

Ken

Maybe it's just girls, but the more I complain, the more the same things (or worse !) happen. Usually I just bite my tongue. Guess I have to learn to bite my keyboard!

The girls and my wife have a word they created just for me. It's ANNAP ( as near normal as possible), which I am quite happy with ! Of course their normality is a strange one, all hair products, shoes and handbags. Most of the time I just nod and say - "Lovely!"

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

World peace and maybe some natural guitar ability.....

Failing that I'd settle for an effects pedel..

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Well for you UYK,

I remember the days well. Loved that time of year with my kids then and still do.  How things have changed present wise  for me  here.
One is gettting Facia boards and guttering for his  house which needs replacing.  lol The other a PC.  God be with the days when it was Star Wars and Transformers, He man / guitars /Bikes and music systems. I remember once getting a friend to send me "Stretch Armstrong from New york. I just not get it here at that time.
I used to arrange for a Santa to call to the house to surprise them before christmas. I knew that had to end when Santa left on his last visit, They remarked laughing. Santa's boots must be at the menders ? Cos there great Nike Air Runners he has on lol

But i have loads of wee neices and nephews that keep me buzzing for christmas..

For myself id love all the difficult chords  giftwrapped to play with beautiful clarity. Id be one happy Woman evermore.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

My 7 year old grandson wants a I-pod for Crimus. I really do not want him to damage his hearing and so far have been able to avoid getting him one. His love for "skaterboy" rock will do to him what 24 years standing in front of a 100 watt Fender Twin Reverb did to me.
We got him a 24 foot long skateboard ramp (halfpipe) as his only Crimus present. He can bust his butt instead of his eardrums.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Don't know what I will do after hanging my baubles on the Crimbo Tree, but I'll think of something.                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ya know?

CW Boomer said it!
Working to become a Brain Surgeon or a Rocket Scientist, I forget which...

Old Doll.. i laughed so much at the Nike Air line.. lmao!!  haahaa...

This year, gosh, i don't know what we're gonna do!!  Our kids are now 16, 13 & 7.  Money is very very tight, so it's gonna be a stretch to come up with around £100 each for them.  There will be no gifts for brothers/parents/nieces/nephews from us this year. sad   BUT, we'll be together, our family all congregate at Christmastime, probably the only one time in the year we do all get together at the the same place, at the same time!  The children wont go without, they get plenty from other family members, and this year Xmas is gonna be stretched out over 3 days. 25th here at home, 26th with hubby's family, & 27th we'll go over & see my mum and my brothers and their families will be there too.

Now, here's something i wish for, but i doubt i'll get. My brother owns a Mexican Strat, which he bought a few years ago. He got sacked by his teacher for not practising enough, hehe.  He can only play G & D chords. So, i've kinda hinted a few times, that that guitar deserves to be played, properly!  Not left in a box under his bed!

Who thinks i'll get a long oblong box for Christmas..?  LOL.. me.. i very much doubt it... big_smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

good luck trying to hint on though lol