Topic: Kids of famous rock & pop artists: a fair chance or in the shadow

Personally, I like this thread.

WHAT ABOUT ROCK & ROLL KIDS?
Do they have a fair chance when they start playing alone or in a band?
IT HAS TO BE VERY DIFFICULT WHEN YOUR FATHER IS JOHN LENNON, BOB DYLAN, ....
ARE THESE KIDS REALLY LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF THEIR FATHERS? OR NOT?
There are some good examples, but also tragic examples.
- JULIAN LENNON: a very talented young man, but 100% in his father's shadow.
- SEAN LENNON: he played a lot on some of YOKO ONO's records.
- WILSON PHILLIPS: The daughter of Brian Wilson (Beach boys)with the daughter of the Mama's & the Papa's
- JASON BONHAM son of Led Zeppelin's drummer JOHN "BONZO" BONHAM, is a well respected drummer, with Page and Plant, he is UFO's drummer too.
- JAKOB DYLAN, singer/songwriter and frontman of THE WALLFLOWERS.
- CHRISTOPHER STILLS   
- RINGO STARR, and his son ZAKK STARKEY: he seems to have found his way pretty well.
Isn't he playing with the WHO & OASIS?

THERE MUST BE MORE SIBLINGS OF GREAT STARS, do you know other ROCK KIDS? Successful or not?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by dino48 2008-11-15 04:54:04)

Re: Kids of famous rock & pop artists: a fair chance or in the shadow

Hi doc I can name a few bob marleys son, Frank Zappas son,and though these guys are older youcan also include arlo guthree [woodys son] and Hank Williams JR.  I also saw George Harrisons son playing on tv a few years ago he was pretty good,but I dont know if he is playing in a band.       dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Kids of famous rock & pop artists: a fair chance or in the shadow

Isn't his name DWEEZIL ZAPPA? ? His brother is AHMET ZAPPA.
He seems to be a very successful session musician and I read that he plays really great..
- ARLO GUTHRIE: the son of WOODY GUTHRIE: better or not? I think Woody was more talented.
- TIM BUCKLEY + son JEFF BUCKLEY.
- BOB MARLEY + son ZIGGY MARLEY
- LOUDEN WAINWRIGHT + son RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

WHICH son is better than the father? I believe that it is a lot more difficult to start with a famous father or mother, I am I correct that they try a carreer, but always in the shadow?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]