Topic: Has anyone anything good to share ?

The news is all doom and gloom around our globe today.

Has any chordian some good news to share here ?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28a3BbrZp9g

I prefer BB Kings / Irma Thomas version of this song, but it aint on youtube.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

2 (edited by badeye 2008-11-18 10:27:53)

Re: Has anyone anything good to share ?

Old Doll wrote:

The news is all doom and gloom around our globe today.

Has any chordian some good news to share here ?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28a3BbrZp9g

I prefer BB Kings / Irma Thomas version of this song, but it aint on youtube.

Old Doll.

Mornin Old Doll, lots of bad news around. this may make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuQB745k9So

Badeye cool

one caper after another

It comes in two testaments. The old and the new.Have a great day!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

well Lena
accoding to the news the rate of inflation is going to start coming down and the price of living is getting better.

All the news is reporting is bad newws or trivial stuff. That is what this world is

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

yes it seem good news is not as sensational and the media focus is on getting the viewer, reader or listeners attention I dont watch tv a lot eccept for football or movies and what news I need to know is available on the web anytime and CNN online is a more open minded view of world events then the major networks "so always look on the brite side of life do do, do do do do do do" lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Old Doll, This may be blues but I find it very uplifting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKgAEkCKxY&eurl=

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, BUSH ³
Lena, I have learned and in particular since I had to stop working that the world stood still.
It took me a log way, and I am maybe half way on that road, but I focus myself more and more on the little things in my life. Like seeing my daughter (almost 21 y old at X-mas) and to notice the happiness in her eyes when she is with her "fiancé" (sometimes I ask myself the question why some people have it all, she is a real beauty, asked to be a model by great agencies AND SHE REFUSED!!! RESPECT & RESPECT", she is so sweet, she helps people, and I melt away when I see her happy. I live day by day and every day is dfferent. Despite my physical restrictions, I find happiness a lot easier than before. My dreams and memories: nobody can take them away.
I say: THE GOOD NEWS START WITH YOURSELF. Turn negative into positive. About the financial crash, you will only hear the very loud voices of the greedy people. If you believe in God, you'll find him even under a stone.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Nothing more depressing than a funeral but in New Orleans they have a way to use music to celebrate the life of the deceased one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJW2qMVv4M

A good jam session always cheers me up.
Dig this one:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe5w0_ … -lee-lewis

Good news?  Sure.   You've got work and you like your boss (at least you better).  You've got a warm, dry home.  You've got food in the pantry and a bottle with some whisky nearby.  You woke up on the right side of the dirt today.  Best of all you've got friends and family around to help you enjoy it.   I'd say you're a well-blessed woman. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

tubatooter1940 wrote:

A good jam session always cheers me up.

superb reply and a very true rely.
Always does the trick for me too.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Like the man said, "It's 5 o'clock  somewhere.

Nela

Just finished booking 205 gigs for the upcoming year(2009) with 2 resorts.

This is much needed in light of several  local resorts/bars/restaurants either going out of business or eliminating entertainment. The important thing is to take the bad news politely and don't ever burn your bridges......... I've learned this lesson the hard way!!!........Many working musicians differ with me here but if someone pays you money for a service rendered, you work for them....I've also learned this lesson the hard way!!!......

Give everything but up.

14 (edited by badeye 2008-11-18 19:48:00)

Good news Southpaw,  well done.

Badeye     cool

one caper after another

Believe me Chordians, i know so well how blessed i am. I thank God everyday as soon as i waken for all my blessings.
The last few days ive heard people on the radio here actually crying
about losing there business, Closeing there doors, losing there homes, having breakdowns.
Many years ago i was hustled out of a very large amount of money, business wise, By a Man i considered a friend.
I remember the feelings that went with all of that at that time. The disbelief
that i could lose all and he didnt give a Hoot. But! i learned a big lesson. I now own  the premises where i  do my work so havent got the banks  at my heels.  I am my own boss... Security is a good feeling. But i cannot help but feel compassionate for these other folk. They have worked as hard as i , im sure.

So after all that Tubatooter "your a wee darlin" Absolutely loved all thoses links..... My feet were a tappin and my bum was seat dancing..  I also  want the fella with the wee black parasol  at the New Orleans funeral at my departure.  He was waving that brolly around like snuff at a wake.! Just great stuff.
Terrific links Tubatooter / Badeye, Thank YOU" there all now in my favourites.

Thank you all.

Ps . I really am a very happy person.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Try this.  Cheers.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0bJg-VEal8

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Just finished booking 205 gigs for the upcoming year(2009) with 2 resorts.

Good news indeed Toney - Good things happen to good people!

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

deadstring wrote:

It comes in two testaments. The old and the new.Have a great day!

Thank you! Yes! It's true.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Two amazing acoustic pieces by two amazing players
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyY4LNkxOW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV5dMDId7uY

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Music is good news, and a great healer, I will be playing at the local open mic this friday, and am excited to have some family coming to share in a good time. I have been through some very tough times in life and have always turned to music to get me through.
That is great news Toney!    and Old Doll cheer up and count your blessings.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Awesome news Toney smile

I like your work ethics.Like they say...It's tough to keep a good man down.

Kudos from Kenny

For Lena...I just have a few finishing touches to go on your poem and shall have it for you shortly smile That's good news I think...I hope...I-I-I. lol

As for me...I still have a pulse and a job and that's very good news.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks badeye, Jeff, Wayne P , & Kenny. I was sweatin' it  for a while there!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

ps- I'm on your side(friends) Old Doll and always wishing the best for you.......Ciao Bella

Give everything but up.

Zurf wrote:

Good news?  Sure.   You've got work and you like your boss (at least you better).  You've got a warm, dry home.  You've got food in the pantry and a bottle with some whisky nearby.  You woke up on the right side of the dirt today.  Best of all you've got friends and family around to help you enjoy it.   I'd say you're a well-blessed woman. 

- Zurf

Well said and Amen.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I woke up and found all my parts still in proper working order,thats always good news. I did hear on the news that the beatles Paul macartney is tryng too release a song that they did some forty odd years ago,and has not been heard by the public. He has too get the blessings of  Ringo, georges wife Olivia, and Yoko ono.         dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think he wont have any problems with Ringo and Georges widow but Yoko most likely will want some cash. smile

dino48 wrote:

I woke up and found all my parts still in proper working order,thats always good news. I did hear on the news that the beatles Paul macartney is tryng too release a song that they did some forty odd years ago,and has not been heard by the public. He has too get the blessings of  Ringo, georges wife Olivia, and Yoko ono.         dino

"Growing old is not for sissies"