Topic: OTHER MUSICAL STUFF

This is for all musical instruments that have not been mentioned which include but are not limited to banjos,mandolins,fiddles,kazoos,Jews harp,marimbas,jug puffers harmonicas,wax paper and comb,washboard,didgeridoo. or any other weird apparatus you can dig up smile

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Autoharp.jpg

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: OTHER MUSICAL STUFF

I can play mandolin,harmonica,jews harp (its been a while) i will leave the autoharp to James McCormick and Roger Guppy smile

Hmm.....I know there are some harp players and banjo pickers and at least 2 autoharp players not sure about the rest smile

4 (edited by evsynator 2008-11-22 17:16:09)

5 string banjo... for basic picking and fill in work and general background atmosphere.. Various blues harps in C- D - and A.  Though not an instrument , I use magix studio 12  ( similar to audacity) for mixing and recording to either MP3 or wav format . Also a mandolin on which I know basic chords and a basic bit of picking if needed to blend in rather be lead . Accoustic steel string guitar .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

evsy no need to shout lol use lower case type and it will take me some time to add all these items ok? smile

evsynator wrote:

5 STRING BANJO ... FOR BASIC FILL IN WORK AND GENERAL BACKGROUND SOUND. ALSO VARIOUS BLUES HARP IN C - D AND A . THOUGH NOT AN INSTRUMENT I USE MAGIX STUDIO 12 FOR MIXING AND RECORDING TO EITHER MP3 OR WAV FORMAT .
ALSO A MANDOLIN WHICH I KNOW A FEW BASIC CHORDS AND CAN WORK OUT A BIT OF PICKING IF NEEDED TO FILL IN OR BLEND IN BACKGROUND - ENOUGH TO BLUFF MY WAY THROUGH WITH IT ETC .
ACCOUSTIC 6 STRING YAMAHA STEEL STRING GUITAR .

Autoharp looks like fun. But I have enough instruments to work with now with mandolin and banjo; I really want to get a concertina though. I just finished building a Lyre too, 7 strings and made of maple its fun to play around with.

To many noise makers and only 24 hours in a day...

Mandolin>guitar

lone-woodwose wrote:

Autoharp looks like fun. But I have enough instruments to work with now with mandolin and banjo; I really want to get a concertina though. I just finished building a Lyre too, 7 strings and made of maple its fun to play around with.

Are you offering your services to record your instruments to help others complete or enhance their recordings? If so Russ will add you to list in the 'Sticky' at the start of this section..

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Yes I will need a okee doke lone-woodwose and I will be happy to add your name to this list of autoharpians (sounds almost aquatic) lol russ smile

Roger Guppy wrote:
lone-woodwose wrote:

Are you offering your services to record your instruments to help others complete or enhance their recordings? If so Russ will add you to list in the 'Sticky at the start of this section..

Roger

9 (edited by lone-woodwose 2008-11-30 04:08:29)

Sorry, got excited when I saw the picture, I didn't realize this was connected with the networking thing! I probably should have read the threads above it I guess.
This clears things up some anyway, I was wondering why this was in the Recording forum.

I need to get more "social" with my playing and join a few real jam sessions before I offer my services for recording.

You can delete the useless post if you want, I will pay more attention next time.

Mandolin>guitar

No problemo and none of the posts are "useless" in this forum whenever you feel ready is fine theres no rush feel free to post any questions you want smile

lone-woodwose wrote:

Sorry, got excited when I saw the picture, I didn't realize this was connected with the networking thing! I probably should have read the threads above it I guess.
This clears things up some anyway, I was wondering why this was in the Recording forum.

I need to get more "social" with my playing and join a few real jam sessions before I offer my services for recording.

You can delete the useless post if you want, I will pay more attention next time.

Hi Russ,

I have just noticed that I am still listed for the autoharp. Sadly it was stolen when I was burgled last year and I forgot to ask you to remove me from the list so will you pleased so now.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

ok Roger sorry to hear of the thieft now a days you have to keep your dentures under lock and key lol