Topic: I am new & there are things I don't understand

I am an advanced beginnger and there are some things...chord indicators.....which I do not understand...like what does it mean when there is a "C/D" or D/add.  There are other "instructions" I do not understand is there an table of contents or something like that?

Re: I am new & there are things I don't understand

hi firestone and welcome to chordie.

You could find an answer on the chord sheet in chordie.

http://www.chordie.com/chords.php

there are other posts asking this question but i cannot direct you to them as i cannot find them

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-11-29 16:51:08)

Re: I am new & there are things I don't understand

Welcome to chordie thefirstone,this is a frequently asked question and it has been addressed in other threads (posts) the / chord means that the letter to the left of the slash is the chord and the letter to the right is the lowest note played in the chord so a C/D is a C chord with a D root the other chord C/add is a chord with an interval added like a C/add9 and the 9 in the key of C is a D or 2nd because the C scale is C D E F G A B C and it starts over now D is the 9th E is the 10th F is the 11th ect... so a C/add 9 is a C chord with a D added or the minor 2nd smile 

thefirstone wrote:

I am an advanced beginnger and there are some things...chord indicators.....which I do not understand...like what does it mean when there is a "C/D" or D/add.  There are other "instructions" I do not understand is there an table of contents or something like that?

"Growing old is not for sissies"