1 (edited by wlbaye 2008-11-29 23:38:43)

Topic: Eva Cassidy - Great guitar and Vocalist

Don't know how many are familiar with Eva but I thought I should share some of the satisfaction she has given me.I have spent the weekend getting her version of "Autumn Leaves" down   www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-haKkFnT8   I've pretty much got the guitar down now working on the vocals.

If anyone is interested in her work www.evacassidy.dk/album.php?Da   the site has lyrics and tabs to some of her songs.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Re: Eva Cassidy - Great guitar and Vocalist

I really enjoyed that Wayne, thanks for the link. Listened to several songs - what a voice.

In a similar genre, check out this young talent I recently discovered on YouTube. Emily Elbert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVjxJo_ … re=related

From her myspace page:

Hi, I'm Emily. I write songs and play music. I am 19. I grew up in Texas, but just started my second year at Berklee College of Music in Boston.

http://www.myspace.com/emilyelbert

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I agree Emily's  good and young,seems to be very sure of her self in a good way.

Back to Eva,I guess she didn't hit the really big time,cause she did mostly covers and sadly passed away in 1996 of cancer.I think she was incredible,not only her voice but her guitar playing was very good i have had great time trying to get her playing style down.It is a finger pickers delight.

Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Eva is great!!! She's a fantastic player as well. Very smooth work.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I love Eva's work.

She is the the only person, out of the many that have tried to, to perform "Over The Rainbow" better than Judie Garland. I prefer her version of "Fields of Gold"  to Sting's also.

It is a tragedy that one so talented should have died so young.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

my wife tinkers about with my guitar sometimes and  "over the rainbow" is the song she is trying to perfect. She has 4 sheets of tab for the song. She is doing pretty good but without more practice it will be another year before she does it.

We have an Eva Cassidy cd here, mostly my wife listens to it but  I like it too. It is a shame she only really got discovered after she died.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Great Links All

I had never heard of her till this post...Sadly a talent gone.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)