Topic: Acoustic amp with pedal effects

Does anyone know how a multi effects pedal like the digitech rp150 would work or sound through an acoustic amp like the ibanez troubadour? I want the effects but i don't want to give up my amp or buy another.

Re: Acoustic amp with pedal effects

I used the RP150 through my Marshall acoustic.

It should work. The output level and impedance of acoustic guitar pickups is different from regular magnetic pickups, so the amps designed for them expect to see that kind of signal. So, there can be some impedance mismatches between guitar and pedal, and between pedal and amp. Listen for unexpected loss of volume or high frequencies. If your amp affers more than one kind of input (piezo, magnetic, mic, FX loop) experiment to see which gives the best results.

I notice that pedals just for amplified acoustic are now hitting the market - delays, chorus, reverb, etc

I'm using an electric hollowbody with humbuckers with it instead of an acoustic electric so it should still do okay right? I had originally bought the vox 15 watt multi effects series amp but have sold it since i was looking for more of an acoustic sound. It sound prety good now but i want to add some different effects to the mix.