Topic: Signature Rhythm (strum) Pattern (Standard Notation) for each song

I think there should be a place in each song in Chordie for a Signature Rhythm (strum) Pattern (Standardized Notation) associated with each song.  That is the missing piece that adds life to each song. Does anyone else agree?

Re: Signature Rhythm (strum) Pattern (Standard Notation) for each song

HI John
ye might be right but since chordie does not actually host the songs you might have to go to all the original sources and ask all the other sites to include them so chordie can take a rythum etc while getting the song from the original site

Also John please refrain from duplicating the same question in various sections. they will only get deleted. one is enough, thanks

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Okay, sorry, thanks. This is a big idea that is going to help a lot of people. How about if I research whether there is an existing (text based) standard rhythm notation out there, which would be convenient, if not generate one. Then maybe Chordie can host it, and people can add their own thoughts by sending in standardized (two bars max) signature rhythms that can be added to the database. Or an offsite website can host and you can pull in. Maybe I will host an offsite website, razor focused on standard signature rhythms for these songs, lets talk about it, Best Regards, and cheers,  -John

Okay - Here is the first one:

Runnin on Empty – Jackson Browne

1e&a2e&a3e&a4e&a1e&a2e&a3e&a4e&a
V-------v-^-v-V-V-------v-^-v---

I suggest that the first beat of each measure be capitalized as emphasis, and any other emphasized beat, especially an emphasized offbeat, be capitalized.

This needs to be viewed  in a constant width font to work, Courier New is one suggestion

Notation is, at best, a crude map of a rhythm. It is valuable to describe relationships and get you on the road to Heaven. But Heaven is to be experienced, it's not ON THE MAP! .....Barbara Bird

this could be asked in "Song requests" John,
As well as asking for direction to lyrics or chords etc , people if they wanted to know this can ask ad I think they have asked things like this.
Sometimes they get answers sometimes they dont. It all depends on who readds it and who reads it and knows the answer.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending