1 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-12-08 17:47:31)

Topic: I'm Back!!

Don't know if anyone noticed but I've been absent for the last 2 months... Computer crashed and I was waiting to upgrade and it took a little time to save up and get a new one more suitable for recording. Finally got up and running again just a few moments ago!
Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone! I'm going to start the songbook that I proposed before the crash and hope to have it online this weekend!

I've been playing just as much if not more and will be posting several new songs to my youtube page this weekend which I will be sure to add to the chordians youtube group for feedback. I've now got a regular weekend gig at a local pub and things have really been going well.

My Grandmother passed Friday and the funeral is in an hour. I've been recruited to play for the service and need to get in some last minute practise beforehand.. It's been a tough weekend... What with the emotional stress of having lost a very loved woman that raised me for most of my childhood and having to learn 6 new songs that I have never played before for the funeral in just 2 days! This is sure to be my most trying public playing... I just hope I can overcome the emotions of loss and perform to a level that she deserved! I visited her the day before she passed and she made me promise to carry the guit the next day to play for her again but the next day when I got there she had just had anouther stroke and was unresponsive for the rest of her time... So todays my day to fulfill that promise... Wish me luck!

It's good to be back! I consider you all to be very close friends and look forward to continueing those friendships and creating new ones with our newer members! Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: I'm Back!!

Hi Pix,

I noticed!!!

sorry to hear bout yer grandmother.

All the best

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I don't run on luck but you are in my prayers.
I wasn't here when you suffered the crash but looking forward to hearing how you do.
I have a feeling you'll do fine.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Hi Guitarpix,
  Nice to have you back. I played at my Grandmothers funeral many years back. It was by far my most difficult public performance. It's extremely hard to sing with that 'sad-knot' in your throat ( lots of deep breaths help a little). I offer you my sincere condolences. Best of luck.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hi Pix,

I too had noticed your absence and was wondering why the 'beginner's songbook' had not appeared. I am pleased that you are now back with us.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Prayers to you and your family for your loss.

Welcome back Pix.

Badeye..

one caper after another

Pix welcome back good to hear your computers back on line, and I offer my condolences on the loss of your grandmother, and do the best you can with the songs I think everyone present will understand and offer support to you and your family smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Pix Good to see your back. smile

My condolences for the loss of your Grandmother.I know she'll be listening with pride and love in her heart.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Good to see you back on line Pix, maybe I should have informed the others your absence was due to computer failure. Sorry to hear about your Grandma, but congratulations on your new weekend gig. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing you play on stage.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. 

I lost my father-in-law earlier this year.  His last words were "I'll be fine."  I've been working on a song by that title.  It has been extremely difficult.  No lyrics I can write seem to do him justice.  My wish for you is that you will be satisfied with the way your playing works out for your grandmother.  Seems like she was eager to hear you, and so regardless of your own thoughts on the matter, that she would have been pleased. 

Good luck with your new gig.  Very exciting.  Looking forward to some of your Youtube posts.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The playing went very well! I had a vocalists to sing as I couldn't learn both ,the music and vocals, in the time frame that I had to work with. I don't greave much over those that pass away... I believe in looking to the good times and remembering those instead of the pain of loss. I'm gratefull to have been a part of her life and happy that she was released from the pain she was suffering from. She lives on in the seeds that she planted and the family that she had sewn...-Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

12 (edited by cameronkl7 2008-12-09 00:20:44)

Hi GuitarPix,

Were all glad to see your back, we've missed you! I'm sure we all really hated to hear about your GrandMother, it's hard to lose someone close to you. I'm glad your going to play for her at the funeral, I know she was listening, Heres hoping all goes well with you from here on in!
And yes, it's good to remember the good times.
               Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down