Re: Naming your guitar

My Washburn is named Victoria.  I love the name and many years ago I had the serious "hots" for a curvaceous lady who's name is Victoria.  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

My vintage white (which looks like yellow to me) Stratocaster is named "Blondie" after the hottest girl in the comic section of the newspaper. Blondie Bumstead. Her hair is the same color of the guitar. I've always wanted to put a sticker on it or have someone paint her on it. My black Telecaster is named "tele-twanger". My Epiphone Dot and my Taylor acoustic are yet to be named. I guess I could go the easy route and name the dot, "Dot", and the Taylor, "Taylor" but that doesn't seem to quite fit.

I name everything I own, my car which is grey, is "Gandalf".

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:

I name everything I own, my car which is grey, is "Gandalf".

Yeahh... I name practically everything I own...xD

-Kerry-

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

I named my main axe, a 1960 Gibson 335, "Ralph"
I named it after a guy because some nights I whip it and some nights it whips me.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

i cant believe I'm responding to this but... when mates ask me which guitar I'm taking out to jam with, if its the Washburn Maverick its "smokey joe" on account of its yellow smokey finish (I know washburn have a term for it but I can never remember it! If I'm going with the Burns Marquee its "Isambard" The reason being (and this is abit convaluted so stay awake) IF Enzio Ferrari had designed a guitar it would be a Fender Stratocaster, all sleek and minimal, If Isambard Kingdom Brunel had designed a guitar it would have turned out as a Burns Marquee, solidly engineered, quirky but does the job well (those in UK can look at the Tamar Rail bridge or SS Great Britain for reference). Mmm a bit worrying they are both blokes names given some of the other responses, still I havn't got a name for the Ashton semi yet which is translucent green in colour so that could be rectified now.
Snot should do it, yep Snot it is! Sorted.

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.

ken cattell wrote:

i cant believe I'm responding to this but... when mates ask me which guitar I'm taking out to jam with, if its the Washburn Maverick its "smokey joe" on account of its yellow smokey finish (I know washburn have a term for it but I can never remember it! If I'm going with the Burns Marquee its "Isambard" The reason being (and this is abit convaluted so stay awake) IF Enzio Ferrari had designed a guitar it would be a Fender Stratocaster, all sleek and minimal, If Isambard Kingdom Brunel had designed a guitar it would have turned out as a Burns Marquee, solidly engineered, quirky but does the job well (those in UK can look at the Tamar Rail bridge or SS Great Britain for reference). Mmm a bit worrying they are both blokes names given some of the other responses, still I havn't got a name for the Ashton semi yet which is translucent green in colour so that could be rectified now.
Snot should do it, yep Snot it is! Sorted.

Seriously, we name the things we love.   ANd if you name your guitar something close and personal, it just means you love the music even more!  <grin>

for a long time my guitar dont have a name. If i did not read this section here, he is still nameless until next year.

I feel guilty leaving him behind and i used to call him as 'my guitar'.

Right now, im thinking what will be his name. smile

i have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, i named it  EPILEPSY

put profound words here