Topic: Tuning using a korg tuner

Ave tried googling for a answer,with no luck.

What i wanted to know is does it matter what your settings are on your guitar when tuning with a meter? ie:1 or 2 humbuckers switched on, Tone settings  & volume?
( yep ave plugged it into the meter via the lead)

i have only tuned my Acoustic before, so have no idea if it matters or not

Regards micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Tuning using a korg tuner

I read somewhere that . . . you should turn volume and tone pots all the way up and set the pickup switch to the neck pickup . . . don't remember where I read it though.

Turning up is to make sure the runer gets a strong signal, if you turn down low'n'bluesy the tuning accuracy goes way off. Same applies to using the neck pickup, the bridge will usually be harsh and wiry, the neck pickup gives a truer note.

Other way to approach this is to get a contact tuner like those used on acoutstics, they still work when clipped onto an electric and use the body vibrations.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

cytania wrote:

Other way to approach this is to get a contact tuner like those used on acoutstics, they still work when clipped onto an electric and use the body vibrations.

Seriously, there is such a thing?  I have a tuner built into my amp but sometimes I wonder how accurate it is.  Or even my stand alone tuners.  Learn something new everyday about guitars and equipment.  Thanks.  Cheers

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

yes Raven , i went out and bought one,much easier to use

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Thanks Micky.  I might have to invest in one.  My ear has definitely gotten better in the last two years of playing but I still haven't learned to tune by ear.  Soon I hope.  smile  Cheers!

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

7 (edited by tubatooter1940 2008-12-20 12:58:54)

I bought a Korg effects pedal to use with my Gibson 330. It has a tuner built in. There is a pedal to select the tuner. If that same pedal is held down the signal to the amp is muted and silent tuning is possible. Sweet!
It helps to turn the volume on the guitar up high to get a good signal to the tuner. I think adjusting the tone to get more highs out of the guitar while tuning helps as well.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

My Bogner Amp has the same kind of tuner built in.  I'm hoping I'm going to get one of the pedal boards for it, which also has a built in tuner, for my birthday in January.  smile

--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez