Topic: May want to try this guitar

Well, I decided against a Davison electric. However, I had an opportuinty to play a Agile Dauntless Les Paul copy last week and it was sweet...for a non expensive electric! The one I got came with Grover 18-1 tuners, Seymore Duncan pickups and the guitar Sunburst finish is perfect! I inspected this thing until my eyes hurt. Came with Daddario stings but changed them to Elixir. It really does sound pretty good! I only play for my own enjoyment now a days but if I was still playing gigs I would not hesitate to use it. Just some info for all of you that can't or don't want the pay $500 and up for a electric.

Rock On!!

Re: May want to try this guitar

I've been looking at the Agile 3000. Thanks for the info. everything that is written is very positive. Enough so to convince me not to buy the Epi as I was originally planning. Looks like an equeal or better model from Agile for about 40% less.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I've been pleased with the Agile LP lookalike I bought recently. Close examination reveals where they cut corners - maple veneer on the top, thin rosewood on the fretboard and so on, but they play very well, are put together well and an excellent value. I also have an Epi LP (goldtop with P90's - '56 reissue) and the Agile is as good for a lot less money. Both needed new pickups and selector switches but that is easy to do and results are worth it.

I just bought a Davison LP copy and it is sweeet! I thought the tone was pretty good but some Seymore Duncans or Wilkinsons or something would be nice. The guitar is built like a tank and the finish is the armor. The action is absolutely incredible. It plays just as fast and smooth as my friends Gibson LP! Intonation is dead on. I absolutely love this guitar and am amazed that a guitar this good is unbelievably cheap.

I own a Agile 2500 with EMG pick ups. Bought it for short money. I've played the Epi copy and I think the 2500 is better. I planned on replacing the electronics but she's perfect as is. I highly recommend looking at what rondomusic has to offer.

Elvis Costello

Hey Guys,

I looked at the Dauntless, liked what I read in so far as the reviews. It's also in my price range. I have an acoustic, but have been thinking seriously about an electric, I've been doing my research, and was thinking of the Epiphone, but now I'm wondering if I should go with the Dauntless. I have a question or two though....On the Rondo site it says it's flame green, I'm not sure of that color, I'd like a black, or sunburst color, they didn't mention other colors, can you get it in black or sunburst, also what kind of amp and cord are you guys using, I'd like one good, but affordable, something that I can get a little distortion with. any suggestions? I appreciate everyones opinions and help, thanks alot guys!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

7 (edited by SGinCYQX 2008-12-16 23:46:29)

I've never played an Agile and thought it was anything special, FWIW. I like my Epi's better.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Hi Everyone,

I'm still looking for any information about the Agile Dauntless guitars, I like the looks of the SBD black flame, I would love to hear from anyone who owns and model of the agile Dautless, thanks for any help.

Cam

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm still looking for any information about the Agile Dauntless guitars, I like the looks of the SBD black flame, I would love to hear from anyone who owns and model of the agile Dautless, thanks for any help.

Cam

Hey Cam,
I looked at the Dauntless but ended up with the 2500 instead. I'm not a good gauge for guitar selection most of the time because I don't care what it looks like. For me it's all about sound. I don't care about color or finish. My guitars are for playing not collecting. The guitars I buy are for me and I never sell them. I love the scatch and dent crap.
From what I've read, it seemed the 2500,2900 and 3000 were better construction wise. I can tell you from experience having played both the EPI and Gibson, there is not much if any difference. I know this will enrage the purists but it is what it is and it's my opinion. If I were concerned about the appearance I probably would have considered Dauntless, I like the look of the Root Beer one. From everything I've gathered, you won't be dissapointed with any of Agile's LP copies. I hope someone who owns a Dauntless chimes in soon. BTW, I bought the green 2500 with EMG's and unless you like green and gold it's not so pretty!!!!
George

Elvis Costello

Hi Geoaguiar,

I really appreciate the advice, I'm glad you like them, from everything I've read they are great guitars, thanks again for your input!

Cam