1 (edited by dfoskey 2008-12-30 17:50:00)

Topic: Dream guitar

I was thinking of all of the great guitars out there. What is everyones "Dream Guitar"?
I guess mine is the Taylor 914 Ace. I don't think i will ever afford one. As for the electric
I would say Gibson Les Paul from the 60s but with pickups from todays technology.

Re: Dream guitar

My dream is to own a Martin.  And I am checking them out as we speak.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My dream, for over 20 years was to own a Gibson J-45. I could not justify to myself, or more imprortantly to my wife, spending more than one weeks' pay(from playing music exclusively) on an instrument . When I , and the $books finally proved to my boss(wife) that I  had accomplished my goal for one quarter of the ficsal year, {12 conscecutive weeks} just before x-mas, and her finding out that she was pregnant with our son, she 'bought' me my/our dream guitar .  I was not dissapointed. This guitar is the finest instrument my hands have ever touched. If a fire broke out in our home I'd remove our J-45 pronto, after the wife, kids, and dog were safely exited form the the inferno. Many people have negative things to say about Gibson guitars. I'm not one of them.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

edited for content & type o's (12-29-08)

Give everything but up.

My wife called me at work one day and mentioned that if ever there was a fire she would try to save certain items from our house.
I asked her if she knew what I would like to save. She had no idea.
I yelled, "Save my Gibson!" "If you are home when a fire starts, save that guitar and maybe my Yamaha dreadnought if you don't get burned too bad." I also told her if the fire gave her time to save my tuba as well as my Martin Backpacker guitar.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I spent 30 years dreaming about making my own guitar.  With the help of an instrument maker I finally did it.  Took 5 months.  I made a replica Weissenborn hollow neck guitar (for lapslide) out of Tasmanian Blackwood.  I inlaid a moon and star on the headstock and presto!  I had my dream guitar, the moonstar 001.  Plays oh so sweetly, I cherish it and it is totally unique.

Since I first started playing on my Rogue acoustic my dream was to own a real "player's" electric instrument; now I own a beautiful Ibanez RG.  Still have the Rogue, but now my "dream guitar" is a Martin acoustic-electric.  Even the cheapest one, which I had a chance to borrow from someone and play all summer, sounds amazing.  I can only imagine what the expensive ones sound like.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Mmmmmmmmm...........

Now you've got me all a quiver. Tha man who inspired me to play guitar plays a black Gibson SJ-200. A beautiful instrument and one I could never dream of being able to afford. I'd love just one day have a touch of one.......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

a vintage telecaster circa 1955 candyapple red with a blond neck smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Gibson ES335 or a Martin DC-16GTE

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

My dream guitar is the gibson guitar the tunes its self and i would love to own one tongue

used to be the MArtin d35 but i played a taylor this guy payed 2000 bucks for that was like heaven. Dont know the exact model because I didn't get to hold it long lol. I want a Gretsch semi hollowbody too as far as that goes...

All You Need is Love smile

rebel ... how did you like the Gretsch?  I tried one out (after playing the Gibson ES335) and didn't like it that much

Line6 SpiderIII 75

Well I haven't ever really got to play with one, but I have a friend who swears they're the best semi-hollow body out there  so I've been looking for local dealers.  I've always loved the sound of one, and the look... perhaps I would be dissapointed (not that I can afford one anyway). I'm looking at an epi archtop with dual humbuckers that seems like a pretty good deal for the price.

We play regularly a Gretsch with a Bigsby tremolo through Fender amps, and I love it.  It's got the whole country twang thing happening.

I'd rather own a Taylor than a Martin.

But if I had my dream come true guitar, it'd be a Sadowski Jim Hall Signature custom archtop.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Rebel ... I was actually more impressed with the Epiphone Dot than I was the Gretsch ...

Jerome ... are the Gretsch's more country toned?  Maybe that's why I prefer the Epi-dot or Gibson 335 ... I get a more blues-rock tone from those that I've tried

Line6 SpiderIII 75

I own the Dot, too, and it's a great guitar.  I agree,  I think it suits blues and jazz picking better than the Gretsch does.  The Gretsch is a full bodied guitar, so it provides a different sound than the thin bodied Dot or ES 335 does.   Perhaps it's just the Bigsby, but you can get almost steele guitar sounds out of it when you're wringing it pretty hard.

I do like the neck on the Dot better, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Cool... sounds like the dot is a good choice then. Its gotten good reviews pretty much everywhere I've looked.