Topic: New Years Prayer

This is not just a Christian thing but a prayer of hope for all people of all [or no] religions, after all if we all believe there is just one God, what does it matter how we worship that God? as long as we do

NEW YEARS PRAYER by Phill Williams

THE TIME HAS COME FOR GOOD TO REIGN
FOR HATE AND FEAR TO LOSE, NOT GAIN
FOR KILLING IN THE NAME OF GOD
TO STOP BECAUSE FOR GOD...IT'S NOT
FOR ONLY EVIL GAINS THROUGH SIN
NO MARTYR MADE WHEN INNOCENTS ARE KILLED
SOME LEADERS OF MEN USE GOD TO FEED
THEIR HUNGER FOR POWER, THEIR LUST, THEIR GREED

GOOD MEN ALL PLEASE TURN AWAY
FROM THE LIARS WHO PREACH THAT TERROR WILL PAY
AND KILLERS KILLED WILL LIVE AGAIN
IN PARADISE WITH GOD IN HEAVEN
WHETHER GOD EXISTS OR NO
MURDERERS WILL NEVER FIND HIS DOOR

BE GOOD IN ALL THE THINGS YOU DO
BE WISE; THE PATH YOU WALK BE TRUE
TAKE NO LIFE, OR WHAT'S NOT YOURS
TAKE HEED THE LAWS OF GOD, NATURE...AND PAUSE
YOU NEEDN'T LOVE OR TURN A CHEEK
JUST DON'T DESTROY THE ONE WHO'S WEEK
THE MAN WHO'S SKIN IS A DIFFERENT SHADE
THE ONE WHO PRAYES IN A DIFFERENT WAY

PUT DOWN THAT KNIFE THAT GUN THAT BOMB
FOR THEY HAVE REIGNED FOR FAR TOO LONG
WORSHIP IN THE WAY YOU CHOOSE
ACCEPT THAT OTHERS DO THAT TOO
AND PARADISE ONE DAY YOU'LL GAIN
FOR THE TIME HAS COME FOR GOOD TO REIGN

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: New Years Prayer

This certainly is a prayer of hope and what a better place this world would be if everyone took note and lived by it's ethos.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i like it. its got alot of meaning, it seems like you put some serious thought in it.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Give everything but up.

well I think everyone by now knows my views on religion,:lol: I hate it all but this is a very good poem, I like it.
Just because it mentions god doesnt mean I have to hate it.
Very good words, if only so called christians,muslims,jewish and all other religions and non religious folk would read and understand and stop all killings instantly then the world would be better.
But that is not going to happen as humans are scum of the earth, we destroy and kil anything we want to.

But good meaningful poem Phill.

good work

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Nice words Phill and well said. Perhaps we'd all be better off with no religion at all. The majority of all worldwide conflict seems to stem from religious beliefs and the inability of most to realize that there are differences of personal interpretations onto each others theological path.

PEACE and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I like this message Phill and i am going to nominate it for the Chordie CD.s smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi folks and a happy new year to you all,

i'd like o thank those of you who have bothered to comment and those who just look without saying anything...strange though it seems to me, but there ya go.

hi russ,

if you think it's good enough for sleeve notes...great!

south paw,

i agree, we would be better off with no religion, at best it's a way for pious people to vent their "goodness" at worst it's an excuse for killing as it has been for 4000 years...sorry to disappoint all you catholics who thought you invented ethnic cleansing! much as i dont want to say it, god is probably a man-made invention, for good intentions eg; laws etc...as there were no policemen 4000 years ago...thats my thoughts anyway!
i wasnt YELLING as such, when i write a piece, i type it into my computer in capitals to make it easier to read [as i'm a little blur sighted these days] i then copy and paste straight onto chordie, saves typing twice

ken, 

thanks, glad you like it. i guess the above answers you too

thank you roger,

it is a prayer of hope of peace, especially with whats going on out in Gaza at the moment, and of course all the other crap thats happening all over the world. one question would be; what started it all?
and the other; how do we stop it?
i'd like to believe that this CD were putting together could have a part in uniting the world and bringing something we have never known....P.E.A.C.E

Its a creative explotion of inner thoughts forming a prayer in itself. The message is simple and will speak to the masses. Its like a black oven vomiting out the black coal of fear and despair and filling it up with a new fire that will light up a blissfull place of hope.

Thanks a mil - Mishi

thanks mishi, waxing lyrical one-self there i see, happy new year to you

phill