Topic: overlapping circles

hi all! 

i'm brand new at this forum thing. I'm really keen to interact with other musicians so  that i can grow as one myself. I have a series of homemade recordings that i post on a personal blog. so if anybody wants to have a listen, suggest and criticize (constructively), you are more than  welcome to here: http://overlappingcircles.blogspot.com/.  i dabble in the guitar, keyboards and music software so if anyone needs a hand, just contact me. i'll try to help as much as possible.

Re: overlapping circles

morenocoragem got a shorter handle? lol I did listen to several tracks not all the way just sampled a few and you have some very good ideas you are developing lots of potential for lyrics to compleat what you have started if you need any help with musicians we have a list of members under the topic "members willing to help" at the top of the forum page its kind of a gray color but we have some good musicians that would be willing to add to what you already have and we are also putting a song list together for a chordie cd set to raise money for worthwhile charities this will be a global effort so check out the list and if theres a possibility you can use any help with lyrics, lead solos, bass, keyboards vocals, or mixing just say the word nice songs and ideas you got there smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by morenocoragem 2009-01-02 15:02:40)

hi russel, as to the handle you can call me Ant if you like wink .   as to help with the songs that's exactly why i decided to start posting on the forum. i'm not a very good technical musician but i'm trying to improve as much as possible. but my songwriting skills have improved and i think it's time to get some feedback from fellow musicians.  help with my songs? that's exactly what i need, i can't sing for example and some of the songs are crying for some words to be sung over them!! guitar solos? i'm limited to the old pentatonic, sometimes it feels like i'm playing the same solo over and over again.  so if anyone reads this and has some (any) feedback I'm more than open to suggestions!

ok ant pick one of your songs and ask for help with lyrics or a lead solo or anything else and lets see how it flys smile

morenocoragem wrote:

hi russel, as to the handle you can call me Ant if you like wink .   as to help with the songs that's exactly why i decided to start posting on the forum. i'm not a very good technical musician but i'm trying to improve as much as possible. but my songwriting skills have improved and i think it's time to get some feedback from fellow musicians.  help with my songs? that's exactly what i need, i can't sing for example and some of the songs are crying for some words to be sung over them!! guitar solos? i'm limited to the old pentatonic, sometimes it feels like i'm playing the same solo over and over again.  so if anyone reads this and has some (any) feedback I'm more than open to suggestions!

right.  here is a new piece that i've been working on.  it's unfinished work so any additions will be more than welcome.  it definitely needs an ending and a vocal line would be brilliant: you can listen and download it here:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6221089-6d7
cheers!!

ant I will download it, and if anyone else wishes, do so also, so you need lyrics and an ending right?

that's it. any other ideas that come up, changes, i'm up to experimenting!! big_smile

ant theres a problem which download gets the mp3? i clicked on 3 of them and not one was the song smile

morenocoragem wrote:

right.  here is a new piece that i've been working on.  it's unfinished work so any additions will be more than welcome.  it definitely needs an ending and a vocal line would be brilliant: you can listen and download it here:
http://www.divshare.com/download/6221089-6d7
cheers!!

on the right hand side of the screen there's "download original"

click on itand it will redirect you to the download page which will start the download automatically

did you manage to do it?

yes but mediafire is a lot easier with less advertising I will listen to it later today and come back to your on it but I did hear some of it earlier and it sounds like there are a lot of possiblilities smile

morenocoragem wrote:

did you manage to do it?

13 (edited by morenocoragem 2009-01-04 21:39:37)

here's an idea for the ending of "spaced in", the track that i presented earlier.  I'm not too sure if it fits with the rest of the tune, so if anyone wants to comment...
http://www.divshare.com/download/6242722-55e

ant I have the track downloaded and tommorow I will have more time now that the football games are over lol ( im a fan) and I will give a  listen and see what ideas come up and let you know ok? thanks for taking the time to put this together smile

morenocoragem wrote:

here's an idea for the ending of "spaced in", the track that i presented earlier.  I'm not too sure if it fits with the rest of the tune, so if anyone wants to comment...
http://www.divshare.com/download/6242722-55e

catchy techno kind of thing, I think Arkady is into this and a lady from ourstage Lori cunningham has a few of these, you can visit both Arkady's and Lori's page from my website, click on it and click on there pictures in my friends list below the music player I think you will enjoy what they have to offer musically, I will have some time today to listen to this song more, its enjoyable and I can sense that lyrics wouldn't be hard to fit into this song nicely done smile