Topic: JAZZ TRICKS ON GUITAR

hey guys

i'm new to the forum but a keen jazz guitarists. right now all i know is a couple of songs, the barred chords and a few others and some self taught picking/strumming techniques!!!

i really want to get GOOD this year but i'm not too sure  where to start. i'm guessing some theory might be good (so far i've been keepping it simple just learning progression, reading simple music etc).

also, where can find out more about the blues/ jazz scales????

help!!!

2 (edited by bswyers 2009-01-02 15:53:51)

Re: JAZZ TRICKS ON GUITAR

Hey History Maker, don't know for sure if this is what you want but hereis a link to a great chord and scales site. www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/   Hope this is of some use to you, and keep on playing

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Try the  www.jazzguitar .com forum

as a suggestion try dowloading the free program Guitar Alchemist it has all the scales and variations plus hundreds of chords and is totally free smile

History Maker wrote:

hey guys

i'm new to the forum but a keen jazz guitarists. right now all i know is a couple of songs, the barred chords and a few others and some self taught picking/strumming techniques!!!

i really want to get GOOD this year but i'm not too sure  where to start. i'm guessing some theory might be good (so far i've been keepping it simple just learning progression, reading simple music etc).

also, where can find out more about the blues/ jazz scales????

help!!!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

almost forgot heres a link to the dowload page make sure you select the free version I think your gonna like it
http://www.guitaralchemist.com/index-1.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"