Topic: Amp Choice

I have $200-300 to spend and I'm stuck between the Orange Crush 30r and the Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack.  I would be using a Fender Telecaster,  a Fender Jaguar HH, or a Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway. I play mainly punk, grunge, and classic rock. Any input?  Happy New Years btw. smile

tongue:P:P:P:P

Re: Amp Choice

With a drummer?
If so, the valve jr will not cut it, though it sounds pretty darn good for old school punk, classic rock and alt/grunge. Even a Marshall 18W will not keep up with an energetic drummer. 30 watts would be about right.

I would mainly use it for a very small gig like at a friends party or someplace like that, or band practicing.  I'd be playing with a drummer.  Thanks for the help.

tongue:P:P:P:P

If you are going to gig it at all with a drummer, try to find a bit more money and go for a more powerful amp with bigger speakers.  In my view both of your options will need to be driven very hard in a live situation with a drummer and your sound will suffer as a result.

Guitar collector -acoustic and electric.  Playing for too many years.  Forgotten too much.