Topic: Micheal Kelly Patriot Custom

Hi Everyone,

I had been considering getting an Agile Dauntless SBC, but now I've held in my hand a Micheal Kelly Patriot Custom and fell in love with this guitar, I can get it for $360.00, what do you guys think? It has Grover tuners, abolone inlays,Mahogany body, and maple top, and an ebony fingerboard. it is in absolutely great contion, looks great, been taking very well care of, looks as if it's right off the factory floor and include's the hardshell case. So, I'm guess I'm asking if anyone owns one and what they think of it, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Micheal Kelly Patriot Custom

I own an Agile 2500 and I love it but from what I understand Michael Kelly guitars are fantastic. If you get to play it and with the case I can't see how you could go wrong.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi Geoaguiar,

Well, today my heart was broken, I decided to go back and get that guitar, it was gone! I was sick, I loved it so much, it felt so right in my hand, as if it were your first born, looking up at me for the first time smiling, saying I'm the guitar you've been looking for, I belong to you. It felt like a piece of magic in my hand,I felt with this guitar I could reach my potiental, I was devasted that it was gone. I wanted to cry, it was like a piece of my heart was taken from me. I guess the moral of the story is, if and when you find the right guitar, wife, car, or be it whatever, you better grab it, wait, and it's gone.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I hate to hear that Cam, but it sounds like you learned a valuable lesson. If you find a guitar (or woman) that speaks to you, jump on it!

You'll find another love. There's a lot of guitars in the sea.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sorry to hear that Cam. Not trying to add salt to your wound but that sounded like a great deal. Lesson learned. You will find another!!! Half the fun is in the hunt.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hi Geoaguiar,

Well, today my heart was broken, I decided to go back and get that guitar, it was gone! I was sick, I loved it so much, it felt so right in my hand, as if it were your first born, looking up at me for the first time smiling, saying I'm the guitar you've been looking for, I belong to you. It felt like a piece of magic in my hand,I felt with this guitar I could reach my potiental, I was devasted that it was gone. I wanted to cry, it was like a piece of my heart was taken from me. I guess the moral of the story is, if and when you find the right guitar, wife, car, or be it whatever, you better grab it, wait, and it's gone.

Cam

That's to bad camronkl7, I am not throwing salt in the wound when I write the following. I check the site this morning at work and seen your post and thought that I would let you know how much I like my MK Patriot Q series that I practically stole ($259.00 american brand new). I also wanted to encourage you to go back and buy it. I have an aftermarket case and it cost me around $100.oo with taxes so the price was a deal for the one you were looking at. The MK Patriot custom comes with Rockfield SWC pick ups my Q came with stock MK paf pick ups. Since I build guitars I bought a set of SWC's to install in mine (just have not got around to doing it yet) and basically have the same as the custom with an extra set of volume and tone controls. The fit and finish are great as you got to see on the custom. I build mainly bolt on neck style guitars and am going to pick up two ready made set necks and probley build to custom les paul type guitars this year. Save your money and either pick up a MK custom and or a Decree and change the pick ups to swc's on the decree you can pick up a new set for $100.00.

Good luck,

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Edited to correct misspelled words by bootlegger 8:35PM.