Topic: Portable Recorders

I have just started practicing with our church music team. I have only been playing about a year so this is really a big step. Someone mention that one of the guys that plays now and then used to record the practice session then played along at home to practice more. I think that is a good idea so I am looking to buy an inexpensive (not junk) recorder. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with a paticular one.

Thanks for any help.

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!

Re: Portable Recorders

This is nice little device, not CD quality recording, but much better than a radio shack boom box..

http://www.music123.com/Line-6-BackTrac … 5.Music123

Give everything but up.

looks like what your looking for at a reasonable price nice find southpaw smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have very little experience in this however while looking through an indoor flea market I came across a Karaoke machine. It was made by Craig. It uses the cassette tapes which are on the way out but it has two cassette slots. One records from the other or from the mike. The machine has an echo or re verb feature to add a little different flavor if you choose to. You can simply use the machine as a PA or you can play a recorded tape and play and or sing along.It has two mike inputs and outputs for extended speakers.I still don't like the sound of my own voice but everyone else says it sounds just like me. I tried an instrumental (Rumble)  with some echo added and with the open mike I was amazed at the sound and surprised at my playing. I got it for $60. I hope this helps. OH by the way, it will work on AC or 8 D sized batteries.  AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Here's a good starting point to find what you need:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Defa … e+recorder

As you can see, there are a lot of different devices to use with different price ranges ... I've been wanting to get one for a little while and was looking at the Tascum's and Olympus specifically ... I've heard the Tascum before and the playback sounded exactly like CD quality even when recorded with a band playing

I've never seen the Line6 recorder SouthPaw but I'm curious to hear what the recordings sound like

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

I ended up ordering a Zoom H2 $160.00. A little more than I was planning to spend, however it was the bronze medal winner Acoustic Guitar Mag players choice award for product of the year. Virtually every web site I searched I filtered most popular in my search and the Zoom was nearly always #1. I will let everyone know how I like it when I get it. Thanks for the help.

Learning to play the guitar is easy. Converting that knowlege to sound like music is hard!