Topic: Online Metronome

I didn't know there was such a thing. May help some one.
http://www.metronomeonline.com/

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Online Metronome

good link deadstring
but I have never felt the need to use one even though some pratt told me to use one on my covers of syd barrett, lol, just shows that guy knows nothing about syd barrett.

I like to play the way I do, to keep proper tme means to do everything precise and correct. I like my freestyle style and go whatever speed I like.lol

But hat is me.
This should help a lot that do want to do things properly.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

You would be surprised at how difficult it is to play with a metronome.   Studios will use a "click track" and if you aren't used to it, it can be very disconcerting.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I'm with you guys.  If I used one now I would have to learn all over again.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

jerome.oneil wrote:

You would be surprised at how difficult it is to play with a metronome.   Studios will use a "click track" and if you aren't used to it, it can be very disconcerting.

That's so true. I find it very distracting. I'd rather play to a cheesy looped drum track any day.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Well Excuuuuuuuuuuusssse me!!!!!

He said jokingly!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Call me old fashioned, or stubborn, but when playing live, I'd never use a sound that isn't  produced live, on site, by a human. But in the studio, click tracks are a huge asset to the person(s) paying for time. The click tracks are indeed a source of artistic intereference, but when money is being dished out, the pros outweigh the cons. It is, however, crucial that the click track be removed from the final mix................

How do you know a drummer's knockin' on 'yer door?
The knocks keep getting faster, and faster, and faster..................

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

The knocks keep getting faster and faster..:lol: thats funny but its true. I have worked with a lot of drummers that have a tough time keeping steady meter and it usually happens when they finish a fill but sometimes it happens if the song has a quick tempo and all of a sudden it starts slowing down like a train comming into a station lol ive never had a problem with time, all the songs I record I dont use a click track,dont need to, its just a natural thing for me, but I can see the need for it if someone sends you a track and asks you to lay a lead guitar or vocal track you need to know where to come in and a click track comes in handy smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

SouthPaw41L wrote:

How do you know a drummer's knockin' on 'yer door?
The knocks keep getting faster, and faster, and faster..................

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

It's only funny 'cause it's true....  big_smile

I find many guitar players rush the tempo as well as drummers.
A good drummer must "take charge" of the tempo and insist the group stay with him and be consistent for the group.
It is so easy to get excited and rush. Playing alone doesn't help.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

haha i always go to fast XD
i probably need something like this
but im sure it will just screw up all my playing lol

I think the salient point is that genuinely reliable tempo is difficult.   Most people struggle with a metronome because the metronome keeps perfect time, while our internal clocks do not.  We may "feel" that we're in time, but the tick tick tick tick of the metronome is the best judge of that.

I tried it.
and what do i say?
screw metronomes.
lol

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

p.s. that post above, twilighttuesdae, that was me
i just couldnt get into my account
but now i can XD

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

15 (edited by crevs.1972 2009-01-12 12:07:36)

Sorry to bump this old thread up but as a total novice I tried to use one as I was concious that my timing was getting quicker and quicker as the song went on.  I vertually find it impossible to keep to time but as mentioned above I found the metronome impossible to keep to, not to mention my wife, she can cope with the gentle strumming of the guitar in the background but she drew a line with the metronome!

I start a song with slower than normal time in an attempt to make all the changes but it just gets faster and faster until Stand by Me sounds like Duelling Banjo's - well almost ;?)

Don't say it.. Practice, practice, practice!

Epiphone EJ200  -  Epiphone SG400  -  Fender Strat Blacktop.
Blackstar HT 40 Club  -  Vox VT30 - Behringer ACX ultracoustic 1000

try tapping your feet at a steady pace

or play the song " I tell me Ma"  that always gets faster and faster so it will not sound wrong.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

One of my favourite songs to play is American Pie, Don McClean.. try puttin a metranome to that one. LOL...

A metranome might well come in handy for me, a still relatively new player (7 months)... i too tend to go muuuuuuuuuuuuuch to fast, (especially playing 'Wonderwall..!').. But, since getting a multi effect pedal for my 'leccy guitar, i use the drum machine on that to help me keep time.  smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Radchael1975 wrote:

One of my favourite songs to play is American Pie, Don McClean.. try puttin a metranome to that one. LOL...

A metranome might well come in handy for me, a still relatively new player (7 months)... i too tend to go muuuuuuuuuuuuuch to fast, (especially playing 'Wonderwall..!').. But, since getting a multi effect pedal for my 'leccy guitar, i use the drum machine on that to help me keep time.  smile

Drum machines are a good alternative, and gives you a much more "natural" feeling about how the rhythm sits.

tubatooter1940 wrote:

I find many guitar players rush the tempo as well as drummers.
A good drummer must "take charge" of the tempo and insist the group stay with him and be consistent for the group.
It is so easy to get excited and rush. Playing alone doesn't help.

Drummers can't count.  That's what the bassist is for.  And you call yourself a tubatooter... 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Drummers can't count.  That's what the bassist is for.  And you call yourself a tubatooter... 

- Zurf

Troof!

I think it's due to the missing chromosomes....