Topic: PA ....

Anyone have any experience with the Behringer PMP2000 powered mixer ?? Have a chance to buy a used one ( good price ) for our little band but have heard that they have been a lot of trouble .. This one is about four months old and has already had the warranty replacement circut board installed ...... Any help ?? We could use the extra power and monitor control bank ...
               Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: PA ....

Hi Jerry,
I had a similar experience with the first Behringer amp I purchased. However, the problem I had was rapidly repaired and I have had no problems since. I think Behringer offers top notch gear at a very affordable rate. You might want to look into powered monitors and a small little unpowered mixer. In my opinion, this greatly reduces potential repair issues and simplifies your set-up. Many powered speakers have a protection/shut down device that'll save you lots of moneys spent in future repairs. The speakers shut down temporarily and say, "Dude!, turn that mixer down(or my volume) a bit or I'm not gonna play with you anymore!"  Just some musical food for thought.........

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Thanks Southpaw ,
  I also have never heard of a lot of problems with the behringer stuff ... For some reason it's just that unit , but my brother has'nt had any problems with it since so I think I'll buy it ... Powered speakers would be great , but I just spent money on all new speakers this summer for our other powered mixer so think we'll stay with this type of rig for now ....
   Thanks again .....
                      Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Berringer stuff is really high quality (soundwise) and really low quality (constructionwise). If this is a PA you're going to be lugging around to shows in the trunk of your car, I wouldn't expect it to last too long before needing some kind of repair. If you're planning on using it in your practice space and you leave it there and you treat it with respect, you should be very happy with it.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/stevewaltherorchestra[/url]