Topic: Buying a new Uke

http://www.kalaukulele.com/KA-STE.htm

I'm thinking about getting this 340 Canadian, with a hard case (retails for 99.50) included.  It would be my first tenor, and the first instrument I spent over a hundred dollars on.  I also have no idea how the electric component would work, but I'm sure the guy in the store will show me more about that.

Opinions?

2 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-01-27 18:18:36)

Re: Buying a new Uke

I talked to Joe at The Uke Store on the big Island when I ordered my mahogany baritone Kala. It was a fine uke! Tone, fit & finish, and playability were all excellent but I wasn't happy with the shadow electronics... I ended up returning it and getting a Silver Creek solid hog baritone for $170 and installiing a K&K mini pick up in it, for a total of $280. I wouldn't say the Silver creek was better than the Kala...I just needed better electronics. If your going to use it in live situations I'd consider the non-electric model and then add them or mic it. For around the house or just friendly jam sessions the electronics would be fine but they were a little scratchy. Just my .02 -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]