Re: how old is every one?

well this is it, Im 51 and been playing about a month. Did start so meny years ago but never got to do a lot.  At the moment sound likw a cat on a bad night who just got runover, but hell its fun up in my room singing like there is no tomorrow. Thing is I dont care as I will keep on leaning whent back to college at 42 to become electrician and last year took up paragliding. Your never to old to have FUN

102 (edited by cameronkl7 2009-01-24 13:37:46)

I'm so old my SS# is 1...I still have dollar bills so old George Washington still had brown hair. I'm so old I remember when the Dead Sea was just sick, I remember when Burger King was just a Prince., actually I just had a birthday, turned 53

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

welsh_eddy wrote:

well this is it, Im 51 and been playing about a month. Did start so meny years ago but never got to do a lot.  At the moment sound likw a cat on a bad night who just got runover, but hell its fun up in my room singing like there is no tomorrow. Thing is I dont care as I will keep on leaning whent back to college at 42 to become electrician and last year took up paragliding. Your never to old to have FUN

Love your style welsh_eddy. Welcome to Chordie!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

On earth 36 years - on guitar planet only 4 months...

Respect to the 13 and 14 year olds, wish I had started all those years ago...

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now or then...

Hi Guys I'm 51, I've been playing since I was about 10 - I say Playing - I'm an average blues player with little other repertoire - I love playing and I hope I do it to the day I die!

cameronkl7 wrote:

I'm so old my SS# is 1...I still have dollar bills so old George Washington still had brown hair. I'm so old I remember when the Dead Sea was just sick, I remember when Burger King was just a Prince., actually I just had a birthday, turned 53

Cam
Wow! You are older than dirt!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Thanks Deadstring,

Ah, but I do still have my hair and a sense of humor!

Cam

41....and I just ordered my guitar Saturday night, so no experience other than a class in HS and some lessons around....ohhhhh, 1985. : p

You do, however, have to be just slightly off your rocker to want to do all the tough stuff (both heavy offroad and long distance highway) on the KLR, but with the right amount of stupidity, you can do anything with the bike.

-Hamon, on KLR650.net

109 (edited by StratDude 2009-01-27 22:25:26)

Dang u guys r freakinf old!!:D i sorta feel like the baby of the bunch.;) i'm 13 and been playing 4 about maybe a year and already no alot of stuff, and can never get of this freaking site!!!:D

Hey Stratdude,

Theres about 3 or 4 of us here from North Carolina what part of NC are you from, if it's ok to ask.

Cam

started playing when I was 14, stopped when I was 26, started again at 34 and I'm now 38.  I've learned more in the last 6 months than all the other years put together.  It's not your age or experience that matters, it's how much you want it.

Playing guitar is one of the most rewarding things you can do.  To all you 9 to 90 year olds out there with a guitar in your knee while you read this I suggest you spread the word.

Hey guys! I'm 14... Playing since 8 tho, and sooooo glad!!!

113 (edited by Mr Godin 2009-02-05 19:36:04)

I'm 51, as of November and like others, wish that I had taken up guitar, seriously, sooner. I had attempted but didn't have the patience to stick with it. I guess that comes to some of us with age!

Hey I'm 58 and started playing just a few months ago...Beatlemania lives on!!

I just turned 45, I started a few months ago playing guitar.

I am fifteen (almost sixteen). smile

Do hard things!

I am 49 almost 50. I've been playing since I was 17. I hope to be any good at it just before I die.

I'm only 13!!

im 15, been playin for about 1 1/2 years

120 (edited by jaminfesteddonkey 2009-03-06 22:16:34)

Ha Ha!
I'm the baby!

Hey bootleger happy B from Syd nee!
I'm on your tail - just twenty two more years to go -
I'll ave a drink for ya!

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

53 years young in October...no ...wait a minute.....I'm 55...no,I'm 54...Hah it's true,about memory being first to go.
I'm over 50.....................................................................I think lol

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Well I'm 57, just starting out on learning guitar (about 4 months is all) I'm a singer really.
Older than I once was and younger than I'll be...

Still don't feel older than 26, still love Dylan, The Cure, Bauhaus, Crosby (Bing and David), Bowie, Undertones, Willie Nelson, Queen, The Who, Donovan, Yes, Pink Floyd, Hoagy Carmichael, The Smiths, S.A.H.B., Tim McGraw, Tull, etc. etc. etc.

ovation93 wrote:

sweet!! lol i`m 13!

im 14 but i think you need to close this thered and move it to chordies chat couner

FENDER-GOOD BRAND,AND NICE GUITARS
   IBANEZ-EHH WELL THERE PRETTY GOOD
    well yeah guitars guitars guitars
     !NEVER PUT OF TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN AVOID ALL TOGETHER!

37 here smile