1 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-02-01 01:41:44)

Topic: Chordians, I need your help!

I'm having trouble finding tabs/chords for "April on the Ground" by Justin Hines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REoJUFUaJIE
I've dabbled with it trying to figure it out but ,for some reason, it continues to elude me. Anybody know where I can find the tab/chords/tuning or can offer some assistance?? Thanks! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Chordians, I need your help!

Hey pix,did some looking and evidently nobody has permission from the publisher to post his music yet. I had never heard of this guy until I read your post and followed the link. I'll take a shot at figuring out the chord progression and see what happens. Pretty good song, thanks for the link to it. This is one of the great things about Chordie, getting turned on to artists and bands you may never discover on your own.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Hey Pix,

Sorry, nothing to offer you as far as tabs/chords go but did want to say thanks, what a great song and video.

Cheers,

Turret

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act...it is a habit.        Aristotle

4 (edited by KAP54 2009-02-01 10:42:36)

I posted this some time ago for those that haven't seen it.
This is the link to his web site and other videos.

I'll poke around for the tabs and see what I can come up with Pix. smile

Kenny  smile

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8945

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

5 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-02-01 17:02:15)

Thanks again Kap for the original post! I'd been trying to remember were I found it at!

Thanks for the attempt bswyers! Let me know if you figure anything out...  It sounds to me like possibly drop d tuning capoed on 2nd but the chords keep throwing me. Nothing seems to match just right.

Turret, Glad you liked it! Thanks belong to Kap though for the original post smile How are those bonsai going wink I've always found them intersting as well and have always planned on eventually getting one. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey Pix, I will have some time this week so I will listen to it and see if I can help, I know you are a Yairi guy so I will use my yairi
WY1SB  to try figure it out, I have several guitars but this one has a neck  that is gorgeous!

Later, Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Kap and GuitarPix,

I checked out the link of this guy, great song, I loved it, I'll have to listen to more of his stuff, again thanks for the link guys.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

wlbaye wrote:

Hey Pix, I will have some time this week so I will listen to it and see if I can help, I know you are a Yairi guy so I will use my yairi
WY1SB  to try figure it out, I have several guitars but this one has a neck  that is gorgeous!

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Wayne, Maybe we can figure it out as a group wink
Yea you have to love those Yairi necks! they play like butter. I haven't had the chance to play the WY1SB but have heard good things. I particularly like the way that they have arranged the bridge pins to give you more transfer from the saddle to the top (more break angle). I have 4 Yairi's currently but all mine are from the late 70's to very early 80's. A '79 Dy-50 limited editon #031 0f 900, a '81 DY-75, A Dy 45 and a DY-77. Topdown sent me link though to a WY1SB on the local craigs list that looks interesting. I'm scheduled to go to Edwards Music in Fayetville on Tuesday to try a few that they have and am looking forward to it. If all works out I may pick up one. What's your views on them? -Pix

Pix, my opinion of the WY1SB is mostly all positive, the only negative is it is a little low on volume compared to some dreds,but it is a small guitar that is put together better than anything I own.It stays in tune so long it is unbelievable and is so comfortable to play. Plugged in is when this little guitar really shines..I have owned it about 7 yrs and it has had alot of use.
      I bought it used but it didn't even have a pick scratch on it,I thought I stoled it at $900. It is too sentimental to me to ever part with.
  Later Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

I watched the vid, nice song I played along with it, and the song revolves around these chords in D major consisting of D G A and Bm and the tunning is standard smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Russ,Good Job, I'm gonna head over to the site and play along later. I wish I had the lyrics so I could put it all together,I guess I'll have to listen to it and write them down.
   I think of my dad every time I listen to a song and figure it out,I can still see him playing 45's over and over till he had songs figured out,our computerized world has made things much simpler but has changed the learning curve also.

Later,Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Russ, I'll give that a go as soon as I get home! Standard tunning so no capo correct? If so I should be able to capo on second and transpose the chords to get the right timber..Right? I only ask because I know he's capoed on the second in the vid... Unless he tuned down a step then capoed for standard?? Some of those musicians love to do stuff like that just to screw with me  lol Thanks for the help! -Pix

Thanks Wayne, I forgot to mention theres a Dsus4th in the beginning and later on that can be played as xx0233 and its just a 1st posistion D and add the 4th finger on the third fret,for a fuller sound you can use drop D but I like the sound of the open G chord with the root on the 6th string smile

wlbaye wrote:

Hey Russ,Good Job, I'm gonna head over to the site and play along later. I wish I had the lyrics so I could put it all together,I guess I'll have to listen to it and write them down.
   I think of my dad every time I listen to a song and figure it out,I can still see him playing 45's over and over till he had songs figured out,our computerized world has made things much simpler but has changed the learning curve also.

Later,Wayne P

Pix I cant see the reason for a capo unless its for the reasons you mention lol and I would keep it in first posistion open chords with a Bm( x24433) barr chord, its easier and flows nice smile

Guitarpix wrote:

Thanks Russ, I'll give that a go as soon as I get home! Standard tunning so no capo correct? If so I should be able to capo on second and transpose the chords to get the right timber..Right? I only ask because I know he's capoed on the second in the vid... Unless he tuned down a step then capoed for standard?? Some of those musicians love to do stuff like that just to screw with me  lol Thanks for the help! -Pix

15 (edited by Turret 2009-02-02 11:05:38)

Guitarpix wrote:

Thanks again Kap for the original post! I'd been trying to remember were I found it at!

Thanks for the attempt bswyers! Let me know if you figure anything out...  It sounds to me like possibly drop d tuning capoed on 2nd but the chords keep throwing me. Nothing seems to match just right.

Turret, Glad you liked it! Thanks belong to Kap though for the original post smile How are those bonsai going wink I've always found them intersting as well and have always planned on eventually getting one. -Pix

Whoa Pix! That's scary! How did you know about the bonsai? I don't think I've mentioned it here or anywhere else. Are we travelling in similar internet circles? Either way I'm impressed big_smile

Sadly two of the little guys are no more. We've just had four days straight of +40 Degree Celsius temperatures in this part of the world (you'll have to do the conversion to F but we're talking around 110 F). The heat just sucked the life out of them. sad

Good talking to you and also thankyou Kap from me for the original post

Turret

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act...it is a habit.        Aristotle

Turret wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

Whoa Pix! That's scary! How did you know about the bonsai? I don't think I've mentioned it here or anywhere else. Are we travelling in similar internet circles? Either way I'm impressed big_smile

Sadly two of the little guys are no more. We've just had four days straight of +40 Degree Celsius temperatures in this part of the world (you'll have to do the conversion to F but we're talking around 110 F). The heat just sucked the life out of them. sad

Good talking to you and also thankyou Kap from me for the original post

Turret

No Fear Turret! lol You made a comment on Justin Hines page and I checked out your youtube account... You have a few Bonsai vids favorited wink I try to know who I'm talking to on the forum smile Sorry to hear about the bad luck though sad -Pix