Re: SUPER BOWL WHO DO YOU LIKE

Rugby rules  - 'specially over on this side of the pond. - Amen

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Soccer in the U.S is primarily for the kids too small, or not athletic enough to play football. A typical soccer game at any in  major university will draw maybe 500 people on a good day. A typical football game at the same major university will draw in excess of 50,000 people. In your house(homes) across the pond soccer may reign supreme, but over here on this side of the water, (for the vast majority)  it's downright boring and has minimal monetary appeal. Are you ready for some football? I dang sure am come tomorrow at 6:28PM est!!!!! It's all relative as Russell says, one mans' eternal joy is another mans' worst nightmare.

the most thing that irks most lovers of "real" football is how the term "football" is taken to mean a game of rugby - but wearing protective suits ... unlike the real game which also stemmed from over here ... we find americans often mispell english terms and a lot of them  still think we all still wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas .. but we still know a game where people hold a ball and run with it for 90% of a game shouldnt really be called football ...lol

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Steelers just won the super bowl! it was a hard fought game and Arizonia came up a little short so I guess the experts were right smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

The commercials during the SuperBowl are what lure many tune in to watch. Here's a link that shows what much of the hoopla is about. Many of the advertisments are very lame but are few are pretty funny and clever.
http://video.yahoo.com/network/100076996

-edited to add (2/02/09app12:10am EST)-

Give everything but up.

I don't have a TV and so I don't get to watch much football.  But I could not believe what I heard about the Cardinals!

THEY MOVED OUT OF ST. LOUIS!!!

Holy cow, that's news!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

good link toney I liked the Dennys spot best and a 30 second commercial cost only 3 million dollars, I wonder what Miller paid for the one second ad smile

SouthPaw41L wrote:

The commercials during the SuperBowl are what lure many tune in to watch. Here's a link that shows what much of the hoopla is about. Many of the advertisments are very lame but are few are pretty funny and clever.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

What does it matter what the sport is called - as long as the individual enjoys participating or watching, that is what counts.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

I spent a lot of time watching the 5th annual puppy bowl on animal planet.  It had an African Grey parrot sing the Star Spangled Banner and had a half time show with kittens.

It's basically, a stadium shaped box, made to look like a mini-football stadium, filled with toys, water dishes near each endzone with a glass bottom for a camera.  There are a number of camera's all around and even has older dogs sitting in chairs, outside watching it on tv.   Then they turn a bunch of puppies loose inside and let them go.  They also have a sideline announcer and a referee who comes out and calls the odd penalty like "unnecessary ruffness" or to call time out to replenish the water dishes.   It's actually quite funny and is typical of quite a few channels who realize that most viewers are watching the real game, but, might like to take a break and watch something else.

Not long ago, my wife and I were watching the news show "60 minutes" and the guest pundit came on to make some sort of commentary.  And one of his comments was along the lines of, "I know nobodies watching this and I can pretty much say what I want."  LOL

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

SouthPaw41L wrote:

you are kidding right ? if the commercials are one of the most interesting things about the superbowl or any other event  then its about time to look in the mirror and take a good look at why you are doing this to yourself ...

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

evsynator wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

you are kidding right ? if the commercials are one of the most interesting things about the superbowl or any other event  then its about time to look in the mirror and take a good look at why you are doing this to yourself ...

Chill Dude.

It's one of the reasons why many of us even bother watching the Stupor Bowl.  Advertisements cost millions even for a 30 second add.  So people have to come up with the really clever and best adds AND some of the adds have been really hysterically funny and clever.
Albeit, the majority stink like a road kill skunk.   It's one of those crazily/stupid/wonderful contradictions of American life.   If I had the talent, I'd even write a song about that crap!  LOL

It's one of those absurdities of life!  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

evsynator wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

You're one funny homosapian evsynator!!!

edited to add (2/02/09 app 6:25pm EST)

Give everything but up.

Good one, Southpaw, good one!!  LOL

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Good edit Toney wink

Great game last night, a few good commercials. Hope your business in the Tampa area was booming.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

Good edit Toney wink

Great game last night, a few good commercials. Hope your business in the Tampa area was booming.

Indeed!!  Hope those Super Bowl Tourists and spectators left some money in their wake!

ozymandias wrote:
topdown wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

Good edit Toney wink

Indeed!!  Hope those Super Bowl Tourists and spectators left some money in their wake!

Thanks fellas! It wasn't quite what a po' boy dreamt it would be but it could've been worse. I feel like my community( the Tampa Bay area) did the best it could've done in playing host to one of the worlds' most popular events. But to be honest, I'm glad it's over. Gettin' from point A to point B was an abnornormally painful, colossal, affair. My computer/cable bill is paid for at least for one more month. hahaheha

Give everything but up.

Yeeha............enjoy the return to normal.  <grin>