Topic: D9 Chord

Hi Chordians
                       Am trying to play "thats alright mama" but having big trouble with the D9 chord
having long term problems with my  finger joints i cant reach across five frets,any ideas of alternative fingerings?
its the only in the solo,chords are as below

A, D9, E, A

thanks micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: D9 Chord

I just play it . . . xx4210 . . . or if I'm in a hurry . . .  xxx210 . . . sounds about the same

Hi Micky,

If you go to Resources and look at the Large Chord Chart, find D9 and click on it you will find 36 different ways of playing D9, hopefully one will suit.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

After taking Roger's advice there I went to that chart index.

I would say the easiest way of all to play D9 is to play it exactly the saem way as D7 but play all strings,
on D7 you dont play the E and A strings but in D9 you play:

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

thanks all, Ken,snap i did the same came up wiv same answer !!
thanks again, i  must remember chort chart next time.

micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

D9 - Any old E will do!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

micky the mooch wrote:

Hi Chordians
                       Am trying to play "thats alright mama" but having big trouble with the D9 chord
having long term problems with my  finger joints i cant reach across five frets,any ideas of alternative fingerings?
its the only in the solo,chords are as below

A, D9, E, A

thanks micky

I think the D9( there are many ways to play it) in link sounds and flows best in the song you're workin' on;

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/index. … =9&v=1

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

thanks for that link Toney,

I used tou use this site a lot but after wiping everything from my computer and starting from scratch i lost a lot of my favourites and this was one.
ONly about another 30 odd to find lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

thanks for that link Toney,

I used tou use this site a lot but after wiping everything from my computer and starting from scratch i lost a lot of my favourites and this was one.
ONly about another 30 odd to find lol

Ken

You're very welcome Ken. The thing I like best about this site is that it shows numerous ways to play desired chord and they're dead on 100% everytime I seek help....The is one of the finer sites on the net, way behind Chordie of course...

-Toney

Give everything but up.