Topic: SouthPaw41L's acoustic duo on YouTube

Here's a video from this past saturday(jan 3 2009) at Jimmy Guanas on Indian Rocks Beach, Florida with Manny Lopez on percussion and my little guy conducting us. This was a very fun gig( as most all of them are)....So here you go....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFRQ0os … annel_page

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

Give everything but up.

Re: SouthPaw41L's acoustic duo on YouTube

That looked like a jammin good time.....I felt like I had to go get one of those fancy umbrella drinks.....LOL
One day I hope to be able to play out and about. Keep on Pickin!!!!!

Bob

WOOO! Play some Buffett! Margaritaville! Cheeseburger!

Just kidding - I know you gotta hate that.

A virtual Tip in the jar for you sir. Thanks for sharing!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Bob and Jeff,

Thanks for your replies. This giggin' thing is fun beyond written or verbal description. And sharing the moments with family and friends makes it even more precious. We'll try to improve on the quality of the recordings AND the material on them.....and those fancy umbrella drinks flow in great abundance in my neck of the woods...(yum yum!)

Peace and Guitars and LIVE Music,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hi Toney,

I know it was hard to see but it looks like you and Manny were having a blast.Real nice job on harp smile That is something I would love to be able to do one day.Maybe...just maybe I will get there.
It must be fun playing with the heir to the throne out there with you.Good for you.
Keep your gigging stories coming. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Good job Paw enjoyed seeing the video pulled my guild and did fills while I watched. Good to see Junior with his rythym box looks like he has stretched since his last photo.

Keep up the good work bud!

Bootlegger.

HI Kenny and Bootlegger,

Thanks for the kind words. While the video is dark and grainy, my little guy was SO excited when he first watched. He saw me a screamed, "Daddy, Daddy, you're on the compooter V!( computer videos)" Then we he saw himself on the video he froze up with the 'deer in headlights' look in his eye. He was speechless and this is rare for a 3 year old... He wants to watch the vid constantly now!

As far as my harp playin' goes, I'm usually much better ( aren't we all) but my G harp has 4 bad reeds and I did my best to play around 'em. Harps recently went up in price ( $30 retail !). I used to get 'em, after my preferred customer, buyer of bulk discount for $17. Now I gotta dish out $25 per harp. I'll be playin' the harp less until the higher paying gigs start coming in or Hohner choses to endorse a small-time local scrub musician...............

Boot, bring that Guild over to my west coast ( Florida, gulf-side)and join me sometime, anytime.

And as far as giggin' with the great Manny Lopez, I'll just say  that I'm one lucky dude the share the stage with such a fantastic musician and more importantly a stand-up, humble, appreciative, genuinely nice person.....

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Hi SouthPaw,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your video, I love that song and you really played and sung so well, looked as if you were enjoying it, thats what I look for in people who play, someone who still really enjoys what they're doing, as opposed to someone who looks at it as a job, when you enjoy what your doing and others will enjoy it even more, again, a great job!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

cameronkl7 wrote:

Hi SouthPaw,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your video, I love that song and you really played and sung so well, looked as if you were enjoying it, thats what I look for in people who play, someone who still really enjoys what they're doing, as opposed to someone who looks at it as a job, when you enjoy what your doing and others will enjoy it even more, again, a great job!

Cam

Thanks Cam!!!( I mean that sincerely...)  You forgot to send me a mailing address so I could send you your monetary payment for those kind words... Ooops, was that supposed to be on the di-ah-zown-li-ah-zow....(down/low)??????

Peace and Guitars and Live Musicians Keepin' It Real and Enjoyable,
SouthPaw41L( Toney)

Give everything but up.

Hi Toney,

I am afraid I missed this when it was first posted (so thank you to Cam for bringing it to my notice) and I have to say it looks a great way to earn a living. Sunshine, drinks with umbrellas, family and friends around, playing guitar and singing, - make the most of it my friend, and enjoy your life. A great performance and lets see some more of them up on YouTube.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for your nice words Roger. I feel extremely lucky to be able to do this for a living. Way more positive issues than negative deterrents. If you ever make over to this side of the pond, I've got a few spare channels in my mixing board with your name on 'em.
      Semi-off topic here; It's so cool that your brother is a stuntman. I once aspired to become a stuntman before discovering the guitar. Stuntmen rule!!!!!

Have a Great Day,
Toney

Give everything but up.

Toney,

Again off topic but what the heck, you are the Moderator here and the topic is about you anyway so I will risk it.

Check this out: http://www.stuntworld.co.uk/index.html

And for the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB& … INFUWoXeF0

Colin performs under the name James Dylan.

Roger

*edited 17:15 to add link*

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Very nice, Southpaw.  Very, very nice.

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

Thanks livebaitman. I'm glad that Marshall's working out for you. It really is a great little amp. I especially like the feedback control knob. It's sort of a turbo boost for the mids and lows. And a great anti-screeching device!!! Continued success to you in your live music adventures.

And to you Roger, your brother is one cool dude! I really enjoyed those links.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.