Topic: Favorite bands and songs

Im lookin for some new bands/songs to listen to and even play...any bands or songs u like?

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

Re: Favorite bands and songs

try; 

"Ophelia" by The Band

"Sail Away"  by Randy Newman

"Diasy a Day" by Judd Strunk

"Shape I'm In"  by The Band

Just a few and all are found here on Chordie.

Have Fun...  Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Skillet is awesome if you like heavier stuff.  They're somewhere between alternative rock and metal.  John Cooper's vocals are right up there with the best, and the guitar work is pretty cool, too, usually in drop-D or drop-B.  The albums "Collide" and "Comatose" are really good.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

"At the end of the rainbow" by heavy metal band Hammerfall is a cracking song that would excite most music lovers.

A few artists to check out if you haven't already done so:

Nick Drake (espescially "River Man")
The Cure (espescially "Lullaby")
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ("Generation")
David Gilmore (Any solo stuff but in particular the album "On an island")
Lyndsay Buckingham ("Bleed to love her")
Richard Ashcroft (Listen to the album "Alone with everybody" through headphones, there is so much going on in each track that you can listen to it over and over and hear something new every time)
Thea Gilmour (Really good british female songwriter. Sounds better live though.)
Blueman Group (Just for something different. Try searching for them on youtube!)
Thomas Newman (Composer behind a lot of the best movie soundtracks. Something haunting about all his music)
Alan Hull ("Hate to see you cry" beautiful song)
Brett Dennen
Damien Rice ("Blowers Daughter" On e of my favourite busking songs)
The Frames (Great irish band - check out the lead singer - Glen Hansard - solo stuff too. And the movie he stars in called "Once")

TOO MANY MORE TO LIST!

Thanks so much all you guys! Im really likeing sum of these! smile THX A BUNCH!

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

Wow Jaylaw that was a really good suggestion..Lyndsey Buckingham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgHxKcNfa3Y

Totally_unique you might try Soul Asylum's  Runaway Train.  It's not too fast or too slow.

you HAVE to check out the Raconteurs... And of course if you haven't the associated bands. The White Stripes and the Greenhornes are both great and so is Brendan Benson as far as that goes. Mars Volta is good, but its in spanish, and another one's Kings of Leon. Gov't Mule's one that I like but its more bluesy (well most of thier stuff is they're actually pretty versatile), but the guitar work is awesome with those guys.
And of course you can't go wrong with the classic: a healthy zeppelin collection is always a rock n roll essential wink
Hope you find something you like,
Hannah

All You Need is Love smile

The Ramones is my favorite band. All of thier songs are fun and easy to play. I love to make my own arrangements, slow songs fast and fast songs fingerpicked slowly. Since most of thier songs are simple three chord progressions, its easy to string two or three of them together in the same key.

I'd have to say Bowie - Quicksand - Queenbitch - Iggy Pop - Lou Reed - Marc Bolan -
Newer stuff - Bernard Fanning - John Butler -

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

WOW! thanks so much i like alota the ones u suggested thanks so much big_smile

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

I'm not really in to the band Trapt, but check out there song called "Stories" I rather enjoy playing it. Or maybe even "Brothers In Arms" By Dire Straights.

Nobody compares to bowser and Blue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuTbmdo … re=related

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

i agree that bowie, cure and ramones are great.

personally i really think more people should listen to the vines cuz they are STUNNINGSTUNNINGSTUNNING!!!!!!!!!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls