Topic: Suggestion: Printing songs: chord color and font

I regularly print songs from Chordie and the chords come out in a fairly light blue color with a serif Times-style font.

Neither of these are good.

Please use a non-serif font (Arial) for the chords. This is easier to read (no thins) and will photocopy better.  A darker font will photocopy better too.

thanks

Re: Suggestion: Printing songs: chord color and font

Hey welcom ENCguitar.  I was also noticing the chords are kinda light.  Also, seems like some songs would print on one page if the header were smaller.  That would help them fit on a music stand when learning.

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2009-03-02 00:14:11)

If you'll left click and drag over the lyrics and chords to highlight them and then right click on the highlighted selection, a pop up menu will come up. From there select Print Preview and at the top of the preview page select  "as selected" you can then use the % option to alter the size of the text so that it fits on one or two pages. As far as the colored text: You should have a box that pops up before it actually prints...There should be an option for Printing Prefrences or something along those lines. Just click there and select to print color images in black and white. That should cover your problems. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I haven't found the solution above to work well. Printing in grayscale makes the blue chord letters print gray, not black. So the chord letters are still too light to photocopy well and they are still the wrong font (because they have 'thin' areas, making G hard to distinguish from C, for instance),

Please consider changing Chordie's default printing fonts and colors to improve clarity

Yeah i agree too many variables in text,colour. also headers that waste space. please consider  setting a standard non fancy layout ie: Title only ( maybe artist along side)

I print out songs to A5, a nice little book size for this  thicky who cant seem to memorize  words & chords and find i have to re-type out  the songs in  publisher/Word using Arial  and black text (i tend to put chords in Bold text) so i can leave out the waffle stuff to save space & paper

Please at least clean out the waffle and  choose a standard text and color ( it would help greatly)

Thankyou for listening

Micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

ENCguitar wrote:

I regularly print songs from Chordie and the chords come out in a fairly light blue color with a serif Times-style font.

Neither of these are good.

Please use a non-serif font (Arial) for the chords. This is easier to read (no thins) and will photocopy better.  A darker font will photocopy better too.

thanks

I am disappointed this problem has not been addressed. Sky blue chords in fonts with 'thins' and serifs is just a silly mistake, not a style thing. Chordie's a great site but competitors will eat your lunch if you don't do what you can to improve it.

"You can satisfy some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not satisfy all of the people all of the time."

.............................. but we do our best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I copy only the parts I want and paste them into notepad. Then I make sure the lyrics and structure are good then take out all the spaces that chord pro inserts and re-place the chords. It takes some time for each song but in the end it is how I want it without any extra stuff.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

9 (edited by dino48 2012-02-12 03:03:04)

Roger Guppy wrote:

"You can satisfy some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not satisfy all of the people all of the time."

.............................. but we do our best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

I agree with you roger,I am happy that I am not on alot of the other sites that charge you money. I can live with the blue ,white etc. Imagine that!! a person with only 3 posts would comes here and starts complaining.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman