Topic: Snow in March!

Well, we have snow here this morning, about 4" here where I am in North Carolina, they've called off work so I'll stay home and pratice my guitar. The last few years we haven't had much snow here especially in the month of March. Topdown how much did you get? I guess it's pretty, but I'm so ready for Spring so I can get outside, build a fire at night, have a couple of drinks play my guitar and enjoy the warm weather.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Snow in March!

well we are still getting it up on the hills in Scotland.

I got a pic from my cousin in Alabama, America. He said it had not snowed there for about 16 years where he is. It didnt look like much but when you dont have any for that long a wee drop can be a lot.

Ken

I love the snow

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Mornin, Up here in Canada we have lots of snow. Today we are getting an ice storm, with hail and freezing rain, all schools are closed province wide, but we are used to it we are tough
maritimers and have adapted to the cold. But ya would like to see spring arrive and get back in the garden. great day to play guitar.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

It's strange isn't it? It was 72 here saturday and sunday night we get snow!! It's still coming in small flurries here but we're not getting any accumulation. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

We got 4 to 6 inches here in Independence, Mo. Glad I'm moving to Texas!!!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Cam - we got about 6". I'm not so lucky to have the day off - not a great commute this a.m.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It's 72 degrees here today.  Sorry about your weather.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

We got 24 inches of snow a week ago.  Today we got about 8 inches.  We're getting about a storm a week.  Of course in Maine, March isn't called "The Cruelest Month" for nothing.  <sigh> 

Cabin Fever has got me good and that's real bad.  <sigh>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

We got hardly any snow left as its thankfully all melted. 3 days ago it was plus 8 Celsius....I got up today and it's minus 17 Celsius. Spring can't come too soon, I'm getting tired of all this up and down weather. At least we only have to wait for March 11 to set the clocks forward. smile
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

We got hardly any snow left as its thankfully all melted. 3 days ago it was plus 8 Celsius....I got up today and it's minus 17 Celsius. Spring can't come too soon, I'm getting tired of all this up and down weather. At least we only have to wait for March 11 to set the clocks forward. smile
Kenny

I met a guy from Montreal who said that "Canada has 10 months of winter and two months of not very good sledding."

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

lol That's pretty close to true now a days.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Topdown, I'm sorry you didn't have the day off, I enjoyed it enough for us both though...GuitarPix, I wondered about you as well, but being close to Wilmington {as I remember} I wasn't sure you were getting any. Upyerkilt, yea even Alabamba got snow, odd for them. I'm a warm weather kinda guy, I can't imagine living in Canada, Scotland, or Maine as some of you do, but then I guess it's what you get use to growing up. Living here in North Carolina we get a taste of all 4 seasons, but I'm so rerady for spring, everyone stay bundled up, it'll be here soon!

Cam

I wish they would call off work up here in Minnesota for 4" of snow! Well...they maybe would if we had a lot of wind to create white out conditions...which is normally the case when it snows in southern MN. I describe southern MN's winter weather as a physical impossibility...it both sucks and blows at the same time! smile

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

cameronkl7 wrote:

Topdown, I'm sorry you didn't have the day off, I enjoyed it enough for us both though...GuitarPix, I wondered about you as well, but being close to Wilmington {as I remember} I wasn't sure you were getting any. Upyerkilt, yea even Alabamba got snow, odd for them. I'm a warm weather kinda guy, I can't imagine living in Canada, Scotland, or Maine as some of you do, but then I guess it's what you get use to growing up. Living here in North Carolina we get a taste of all 4 seasons, but I'm so rerady for spring, everyone stay bundled up, it'll be here soon!

Cam

Well, in a way we do get used to it.  On another forum I belong to, a member from Atlanta was saying that when they get 3-6 inches of snow everything is paralyzed.  Another member is from the UK and they got a freak snowstorm in their area and around London....same results.

Around here, 6 inches+ just means you drive a little more carefully and get to work. 

Yeah, I'm ready for spring.  Maybe some summer tunes will warm me up.

Summer song--Chad and Jeremy
Summer Roads--Tommy Makem
Summer in the city--Lovin' Spoonful
Summertime--George Gershwin

I'll follow the Sun--The Beatles

But after a week of snow removal, I feel more like playing:

"How do I know my youth is all spent,
My get up and go has got up and went."   by Pete Seeger

crowellb wrote:

I wish they would call off work up here in Minnesota for 4" of snow! Well...they maybe would if we had a lot of wind to create white out conditions...which is normally the case when it snows in southern MN. I describe southern MN's winter weather as a physical impossibility...it both sucks and blows at the same time! smile

We get cold in MAine, but, never so consistently cold like you get out in Minn. or the Dakotas. 

bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hear ya crowellb - I remember as a kid growing up in upstate NY - we'd have 24" overnight and still have school. I remember cussing the plows as the drove by all night. That's the problem in the south - no snow plows. Things literally shut down after a dusting of snow. I left the house at 8 a.m. this morning and major highways had still not seen a plow. I had no problem with my 4 wheel drive, but I wouldn't have wanted to be out there in anything else. I've been working in the mountains of West Virginia and have been dealing with this stuff since November. I loved the snow as a kid, but I would be happy to never see this white crap again. Looks pretty in pictures - you yankees can keep it. big_smile

topdown wrote:

I hear ya crowellb - I remember as a kid growing up in upstate NY - we'd have 24" overnight and still have school. I remember cussing the plows as the drove by all night. That's the problem in the south - no snow plows. Things literally shut down after a dusting of snow. I left the house at 8 a.m. this morning and major highways had still not seen a plow. I had no problem with my 4 wheel drive, but I wouldn't have wanted to be out there in anything else. I've been working in the mountains of West Virginia and have been dealing with this stuff since November. I loved the snow as a kid, but I would be happy to never see this white crap again. Looks pretty in pictures - you yankees can keep it. big_smile

Nuh-uh, you got it you can keep it.  We, Yankees have had more than our fair share this winter.  Time for some trickle down snow-e-nomics.   Besides, isn't there a drought going on down south.

They need it more than we do.  <grin>

topdown wrote:

LMAO! I think there's more of a chance for sleet before the snow down south too. I know St. Louis is terrible for ice...that's why I try not to ever fly through there during the winter if I can help it. We're set up to handle snowy/icy weather up here so it's no big deal to us...plus we're used of driving in it! You've probably seen more snow than me if you used to live in upstate NY. I hear the lake effect can really dump ALOT of snow...to the point where you measure in feet instead of inches! The most I've ever seen is 2 feet in one storm, but I've also jumped a snowmoblie off a 15 ft snowdrift...$150 for a new windshield taught me not to do that again!

This is the first year we've had a lot of snow up here for awhile now. The snow was so deep along my driveway this year that I just had to pray no one was coming when I backed out cuz I couldn't see the road from my car!

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

ozymandias wrote:

Good list ozy - Any Buffett or Marley will do, but my go to summer tune is the goofy classic by Mungo Jerry!

In The Summertime. F shape barre the A and B on 5 and 7, get the strum right and it's super easy.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … ;id=352292

Great goofy lyrics.

"when the weather is fine, you got women, you got women on your mind."

Love this kids cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7nTK_zQWY

Lookin' forward to a little sunburn on my large forehead:)

topdown wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

Good list ozy - Any Buffett or Marley will do, but my go to summer tune is the goofy classic by Mungo Jerry!

In The Summertime. F shape barre the A and B on 5 and 7, get the strum right and it's super easy.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … ;id=352292

Great goofy lyrics.

"when the weather is fine, you got women, you got women on your mind."

Love this kids cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7nTK_zQWY

Lookin' forward to a little sunburn on my large forehead:)

I forgot about that one.  That's a good little feel good summer tune.  And, yeah a little Jimmy Buffet will bring some of that Key West warmth anywhere.  "Cheeseburger in Paradise" anyone.  <grin> 

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the links too.   Jimmy Tyndall does a pretty good job with that tune.

Gotta Love Buffett, I've been lucky enough to get to the Caribbean a few times, it's Heaven on earth, especially right now!

Cam

cameronkl7 wrote:

Gotta Love Buffett, I've been lucky enough to get to the Caribbean a few times, it's Heaven on earth, especially right now!

Cam

Certainly would be what the Doctor ordered right about now.  <sigh>

ozymandias wrote:

We got 24 inches of snow a week ago.  Today we got about 8 inches.  We're getting about a storm a week.  Of course in Maine, March isn't called "The Cruelest Month" for nothing.  <sigh> 

Cabin Fever has got me good and that's real bad.  <sigh>

Is it true what my friend told me, that down East you have 5 seasons? What would be the 5th one?

Get your slide and let's get it on!

I've heard it said that Pennsylvania has only two seasons, deer season and road construction/repair season. Personally I think the first is too short and the second too long. The only good thing about it is when you see the orange barrels and a new crop of potholes popping up you can be certain that summer is coming soon.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway