Topic: Anyone have any experience with these?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … ku=100040\

Looking for something different for the acoustic.  I like bright sound, but I play a lot of fingerstyle too, so I'm thinking maybe something like these might work better.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: Anyone have any experience with these?

Your link didn't work... Here is a corrected one http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=100040

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hi 06 - when I click your link I get an error:

"Invalid Item Number, or Product Not Found"

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I've never tried them personally but have read they give you a more classical or softer acoustic tone. They also require less tension to tune so are easier to play... If I remember right, Russ is a big fan of them and perhaps he'll chime in with some more info. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Guitarpix wrote:

Your link didn't work... Here is a corrected one http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=100040

Sorry about that...not sure what happened, I copied and pasted the address...oh well.

Switchfoot

Guitarpix wrote:

I've never tried them personally but have read they give you a more classical or softer acoustic tone. They also require less tension to tune so are easier to play... If I remember right, Russ is a big fan of them and perhaps he'll chime in with some more info. -Pix

Reading the reviews I heard mention that they have more volume.

Switchfoot

06sc500 wrote:

Reading the reviews I heard mention that they have more volume.

I read that as well. By softer, I mean less attack or not quite as responsive. I'm just guessing here, but usually the less tension on a string the less responsive it is and with these being low tension strings...  Not that that's a bad thing, depending on what you're looking for, and it may not even be noticable. I also read that they have much more sustain/resonance so I would imagine they would be great for fingerstyle but may be overdrivin by heavy strumming. For fingerstyle and light strumming I think they could work great! I say try them and then offer us up a review wink -Chris/Pix

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ … sku=100040

I recommend these strings for my beginner guitar students who say "regular" steel strings are too painful on their fingers. I'm understanding and empathetic to those under 10-12 years of age, any older I'll tell 'em to get used to the pain, you'll become numb to it eventually..........

Give everything but up.

I'm using Martin 12's right now (the Clapton signatures).

Switchfoot

Pix you are correct Silk n Steel are my favorites there only drawback would be there lifespan but in the music store they sell for twice as much or more then this online store and since I order a lot of books from amazon online it makes sense to purchase several sets and save money even with the cost of shipping it looks like a good deal smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"