Re: Favorite Band

sorry, haven't heard of them.

The world is only going to get worse!

I would've been shocked if you had, honestly. Local group, more than anything.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

can yu tell me where they are from? Please?

what about Reliant K

never heard of them
Some of my favorite guitar-people are The Allmen Brothers, Led Zepplin, and Van Halen
Oh, and this is random, but I just learned how to play 'Umbrella' by Rihanna on the guitar. It sounds pretty good on the acoustic. But I think it would sound better on the eletric, if anyone has heard the Travis Barker version of the song.

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

eh?

Yeah, I dig all the greats, like Hendrix, SRV, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, AC/DC, Beatles, the Who, blah blah blah
But my fave bands as of right now are Christian rock and metal like Skillet, As I Lay Dying, Third Day, Seventh Day Slumber, etc

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Man Third Day Is awsome!!!!

How about Starfield?????

Favourite band of all time - The Alarm
Big favourite just NOW -  Switchfoot - I've developed a real liking for these guys over the past 5 years or so. I really think Jon Foreman is one of the best songwriters to emerge in the last decade. Not everyone's cup of tea but they float my boat alright.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

How can it be better than Bowser and Blue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuTbmdo … re=related

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I  Agree Al V, Switchfoot is very good.

lol who is pink floyd wink

Ben smile

I also love all the greats but right now I'm really into Lamb of God, wich is strange cuz I was never really into hardcore death metal, but I've been practicing "Laid to Rest" by LoG, and I gotta say playing a song note for note on an electric guitar is way different than just strumming all chords, it really blows me away and it's just so cool!!!MAN I LOVE GUITAR!!! Keep on Rockin!!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

I'm really starting to like Reliant K (Canadian Band) cool

Ben  smile

just a little something to stir the pot.................. Britney Spears??????

Ben<>< smile

lets stir the pot the other way, causing a spillage and getting britaney to fall out and never to be mentioned again lol lol

I really do not like her songs at all. ......Well not exactly true.
I like "Travis" doing hit me baby one more time.

So I just dont like her singing any of her songs. lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

lets stir the pot the other way, causing a spillage and getting britaney to fall out and never to be mentioned again lol lol

Ken

How about a one way trip to the Bermuda Triangle!   <evil grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

How about a one way trip to the Bermuda Triangle!   <evil grin>

only if britney is there and she promises not to sing wink

Ken

That could be arranged...............MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ok im there :LOL:

so back on track for favourite bands.
Mine right now is Brian McNeill. I have mentioned him in Song requests.
What a guy he is... a true great folk musician. been about since the late 60's and I only heard of him a month or two ago.
I cannot stop listening to his latest album " no gods" ( part of this song is my signature just now)

He is Scottish and writes songs about scottish people/history etc as well as others.
He plays violin, mandolin,guitar,paino,banjo, hmmm a few more I think.

His song "no Gods" is also covered by a guy called Dick Vaughan, he does a tremendious acoustic cover of this.
No gods is about scotland getting its freedom and independance. One line in it is so good I will tell you what it is and why it is so good. ( ready to be bored? lol) some might already know a bit about scottish history but for those that dont;
Bonnie prince charlie had the last attempt in 1745 for there to be a king of Scotland, he was exiled in France from a very young age, some scottish clans wanted a king back and chrlies Stewart was the only person left in the line. They talked him into coming back and taking up arms against the english ( not only the english though, by this time there was a british army so there were scots fighting scots) these people that were on the bonnie prince's side were known as jacobites. So to cut what could be a very very long history lesson a bit shorter,lol.
Quite a lot of scots still think back on Culloden and what could have been etc. they dwell ono the past instead of looking forward. they sit about and dont even vote when they can. they seem to thrive on talking about scottish history and how we should be free etc. Charles got defeated at Culloden and done a runner back to France, never to return and fight to his death for his people and country.
This song is all about those folk and also a verse about prince charles Stewart.

"ah and will we never hear the end of poor bloody charlie at culloden yet again for he ran like a rabbit through the glens, leaving better men than him to be butchered"
( I would love to type more but I nest not type a verse, even though I really dont think Brian himself would mind)

later in that verse it sings the line i use in my signature.

and another song ( its ok, no history to this one)
trains and my grandfather. it is a slow piano played song about his grandad, memories from 7 years old until 30 odds when his grandfather died, superb sad song.

and bring back the wolf.
In scotland woves,bears, beavers etc were native to the land but us humans decided we were better than them and killed them all.
This song tell of how we now want to bring back the wolf and bear to the glens but not the people. The enlgish cleared the glens and highlands for a few hundred years but they do not want folk to go living in the hills again but they are spending a lot of time reintroducing animals. the folk that lived in the hills and glens had a very strong bond, a very good community to be in ( until ye met yer cattle thieving neighbours and had to fight.lol
bring back the wolf, bring back the eagle, but the dark eyed child and the red haired man are still gone from the glen.......blah blah blah, ye juts dont care or yer too dam nscared to make the highlands real again.

I am a very proud scot, maybe thats why I love this music so much?

I am goig to get more of his stuf from itunes and if i like it as much as this album i might bore ye all again if i find a spare half hour to dribble on,:lol:
sorry for going on a bit, but nothing else to do.

ken

man, i find that amazing that you can type that long.

Ben smile

Easy... fave band? Aerosmith... Steve Tyler and those luscious lips!

Mine would have to be well theres a couple: Paramore, Flyleaf, Simple Plan, Boys like Girls, Fireflight. smile

Our Friendship is Tighter than the Jonas Brothers Pants lol

My favorite band is "Muteli"
do you know this band?