Re: any fisherfolk out there?

You guys are scaring the bejeebies outta me !

I think ill change my plan.

lol

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Dear Jeff,
My heartfelt apologies for violating forum rules.
I couldn't find Pat Dailey's "What you got against fish" on video but I found one about a lucky carp that died of natural causes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1iZ28iwCc

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I spend a lot of time with my two youngest boys trout fishing on some local streams and perching on the Clarion River. It's become much more enjoyable now that they are old enough to bait their own hooks and take off their own fish. I've had a real passion for fishing for years and I'm glad that my kids share this along with a love for music and other outdoor activities. There are some great spots here for catching everything from catfish to walleye. Any Chordians that happen to travel through western Pa give me a hollar before you come through and maybe we can hook up

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

and if anyone does go out fishing, especially in a small boat, keep safe.

a few guys near me were not so lucky
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla … 957549.stm

This is the loch I fish in and I was planning to go out in a boat this year, but i would not be drinking if in charge of the baot nor would I be in the boat with anyone in charge of the boat.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I will be in the outback portions some.  I will not be dropped and ignored.  We are using a lodge with an excellent reputation.  I am a good shot, but a slow one.  I would be a greater liability with a sidearm than not.  However, I will likely pick up pepper spray, which has actually been shown to be significantly more effective at deterring bear attacks than has a handgun.  Even a .44 will just further upset an angry bear.  Many charges are charges to get you to back away.  Put a slug into a bear that's doing a warning charge, and all you've done is tick him off and turn it into a killing charge (yes, even a .44).  In a rather long study of bear behavior, pepper spray has been shown to be effective at stopping a charge 98% of the time, while firearms are somewhere around 80%.  Strange but true.  Plus, if I accidentally pepper spray a buddy, I won't have to explain it to his widow. 

All told though, the bears are there for the salmon, not the fishermen. 

The Clarion River is beautiful.  I haven't seen it since I was a teenager and am hoping to get back some day. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude