Topic: What is Chickenfoot?

From Wiki:

Chickenfoot is the title for the supergroup featuring vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-Van Halen), bassist Michael "Mikey" Anthony (also ex-Van Halen), guitarist Joe Satriani and drummer Chad Smith (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers).[1] Chickenfoot are currently in the studio, working on a record that is set to be released around April 2009.

"The style is high-energy, kick-ass rock 'n' roll ... We all bring to the table some unusual influences and then we also share a lot of roots. And I think that's where a true color of a band comes out, just how we react to each other. So, it's definitely rock music. We haven't brought each other together to do a techno record... We'll draw from funk, blues and experimental. We know what we want to get out of it. We want passages in songs that develop and we want everyone's personality to be able to come out. So, it's going to be expansive but it's going to be rough." - Joe Satriani, guitarist Sammy Hagar has reportedly said that Chickenfoot could 'rival Led Zeppelin'. He said "When people hear the music, it's Led Zeppelin, I know that's a bold statement, but it's as good as that." He has also stated a comparison to Van Halen, the band of which he used to front as a vocalist. He said "It's ten times Van Halen, because it's functional - we all like each other."[3]

You can check out 2 tunes on their website:

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: What is Chickenfoot?

Has anyone ever seen Chad Smith and Will Ferrell in the same place and time together? I think they're the same person, just as David Hasselhoff and Dan Marino are...........Bach, baaaaaaaach...!!!!!!!!!!

Give everything but up.