Topic: shadow doubleplay

Does anyone have any experience with this double pickup for acoustics? I'm looking to upgrade a begginer level acoustic (my first) it has a great aged tone and i want to go all out with it but not spend too much doing it.

Re: shadow doubleplay

Hey Twang, I haven't used them myself but have heard really good thinks about the shadow sonic double plays. They seem to be an outstanding pickup system! They are also fairly easy to install and they're removable, so if you want to install it later on another acoustic you could do so. You'd only have to replace the end pin on the tak with a larger one to fill the jack hole left behind. If you go through all that trouble and expence to get the natural acoustic tone, make sure you have a good Acoustic amp so you can really hear the benefits! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

3 (edited by dfoskey 2009-03-23 19:11:35)

Aw man you found me out!! lol

I think i'm going to give it a try as soon as i can get it ordered. You know that ole jasmine has a better natural tone than the new Tak eg334 that i have does. If i can amp it and keep that same tone i'll sell the eg334. It's still too bright. Thanks Pix for answering. - twang/dfoskey

LOL It was actually just a typo.... I wasn't thinking about where I was smile I won't tell if you won't...;)

The 334 is new and will probably loosen up some shortly... Most new guitars are kinda tight sounding for the first couple of months but settle in and mellow some fairly quickly. I could be wrong, but I believe the jasmine has a laminate top and your new guit is solid.... The laminate isn't going to have the same tone as a solid wood guitar. It's going to be much less responsive and that can give you the impression of a darker tone. It could just be that your ears are more used to the jasmine since it's what you've played more... I wouldn't give up on the new tak too quick! I've done the same thing and really wish I had one or two of the ones that I've parted with back now that I know more about acoustic tones. Only you know what you want though and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you! All the best! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Pix i don't know if it's a laminate or not. It sure looks like the real thing and it responds just like the solid if it is. Does a laminates colors darken also with age? The jasmine has changed from a light natural to a light pumkin color. Either way i've tried alot of high end and middle guitars and have found that my jasmine with a few upgrades plays and sounds as good as most of them. Its all about sound and playability anyways right. As far as giving up on the 334 it's not going to happen. It should rippen up in a couple of months.
See ya round the forums. - dfoskey/twang