Topic: Warranties?

Hi fellow chordians

Got a problem with the string on my guitar strap getting in the way(Acoustic)
As its still under warranty will the terms be broken  if i put on a strap peg on the Heel (i think that's the place).

its problematic for me playing B7 & F  well any chord involving the first fret.

Cheers micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Warranties?

If it's done by a tech and you keep the receipt it should be fine but I would contact the company to be sure! Policies vary company to company so there's no way to say for sure without going to them. -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

If you contact them and they say it's ok for you to do it yourself... Here's some quick tips that I use.. I aways get slightly shorter screw from the hardware store, as the ones they often send with the strap button are too long. Measure the depth of the screw against a drill bit that is one size smaller in diameter than the screw to be installed and mark it with a piece of tape so you don't pre-drill too deep. When inserting the screw be sure to lubricate it with a drop of candlewax to avoid any splitting.-Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

4 (edited by aabb 2009-04-04 18:45:47)

Be sure to apply a small piece of tape on the location you're going to drill, to prevent any flaking at the point of entry of the drill bit.

As for the warranty, if any damage results from the installation, regardless of who does it , except for someone they "your guitar manufacturer" approves. The damage will not be covered. Any other problems that may develop, not related to the strap button should still be covered.

Like "pix" said, be sure and not drill any deeper than you must. Also "imo" as for the drill bit  I've always used one "at least"  the size of the screw shank at it's largest point, so only the treads cut into the wood. This way the hole does NOT need to expand to accommodate the screw.

Also you might want a piece of material between the strap button and the guitar when finished, sort of a gasket if you will. In a hand rotary tool kit they're some buffing accessories about the size of a dime, some kind of fiber, they work great! 

Choose wisely my fellow chordian, if it goes poorly, sad
There is no "UNDO" button,and it can be costly.

Ron