Topic: MOST ENNOYING SINGERS, LIKE A TEACHER USING CHALK ON HIS BOARD-NOISE

I mean singers who are able to raise all your hair.
The first name that STRUCK me was
1) KATE BUSH with WUTHERING HEIGHTS
2) Please don't shoot me but what about NEIL YOUNG, some songs are great for his voice but a lot aren't.
3) BOB DYLAN
And the big problem is that 2 & 3 are one of my most beloved. Like Bob Dylan, that horrible nasal sound with symptoms of a bronchitis.
4) YOKO ONO (I call her always Choko Bono) it is already more than a crime being one of the major players in the split of THE BEATLES.
5) MICHAEL BOLTON
6) ME, GITAARDOCPHIL.
7) PARIS HILTON (I hesitated to put her on 6, but I changed my mind)
8) JAMES BLUNT, in the beginning I really loved his song "you're beautiful" but 10 "listen to that song" later, it is a perfect song to torture people.
9) JOHNNY ROTTEN
10) MUSE, the singer (Matt Bellamy)
So this was my contribution today, may God have mercy on my soul, if I wrote a name and you all tell me that it isn't true.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: MOST ENNOYING SINGERS, LIKE A TEACHER USING CHALK ON HIS BOARD-NOISE

Whats the womans name that sings lead for the group "Sugarland"? I'd rather hear cats fighting! But someone must like it, their making money.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'm sorry to all his fans but, for me, Dave Matthews

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Wayne Newton
Cindy Lauper
Celen Deon [sp?]  makes my skin crawl to watch her
Bete Midler
Cher
heres one you wont know; Bob Dylan said of this man he has a wild sense of out of control...Roscoe Holcomb   check him out...but  I have to tell you if we were all as unabashed as this man with our ceativity the sky would be the limit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zOI9pvq-tU

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Anyone off key, especially MEE!!! big_smile

Ron

I would say myself. Atleast when my voice is recorded. Live its all right.
But the most annoying to me is Jerry Gracia.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

That old chick from Journey... and that new chick with Journey

I know........

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Too numerous to mention!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

My wife cannot stand to hear Macy Gray sing.  However, I rather like that whiskey and cigarettes voice.  There is a whiskey and cigarettes voice I don't like, but I can't remember it right now.  She sang that song about leather and lace.  What was her name? 

Any number of blonde, young, glamorous women in Country music.  I wish that Country would stop worrying about how good a woman looks while barely wearing clothes and start worrying about how she sings.  I guess they figure no one will ever be able to approach Patsy Cline and so they'll just have overly made-up women in tight, low-cut clothes in the meanwhile.   Guess what? I CAN'T SEE HER ON THE RADIO!!!  The more off key, the lower the neckline. 

Yeah, there's a few Grateful Dead songs where Jerry Garcia gets on my last nerve.  There are others where he does a good job.  Hard to categorize him. 

The high-pitched falsetto thing from pretty much every guy who ever sang "stadium rock."  The 1980's were rife with them.  Fortunately, men singing like men is back in fashion. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

this one might be right up there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMvQrp8 … mp;index=2

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

this one might be right up there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMvQrp8 … mp;index=2

That was an abomination beyond abominations!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

One Word........FANTASIA!!!!!

This girl at my work plays her CD all the time and it drives me nuts. That voice is horrible.

13 (edited by ozymandias 2009-04-05 00:13:01)

JiggyFly wrote:

One Word........FANTASIA!!!!!

This girl at my work plays her CD all the time and it drives me nuts. That voice is horrible.

For a minute I thought you were talking about the movie, but, after research, I empathize with you.

For ultimate annoyance..........PAT BENATAR, phony, theatrical and screechy enough to make me want to perforate my ear drums.  I HATE her so bad.

Oh and after sitting thru one of their concerts......"Celtic Woman".  My daughter loves them, and normally my wife would have taken her to the concert, but, her work intruded so I sacrificed my ear drums out of parental love and devotion.   The only saving grace was my fascination with the pony tailed percussion player who enthralled me with his skill and cheeky showmanship. 

The ladies I would happily strand on a deserted Isle and leave them to sing to each other.  <BAH>

In short I consider the 80's a VAST WASTELAND of music........<sigh>

Glad to see that SELSO placed himself on the list, so I know that I'm not the only one.
It is again more subjective than objective = a lot more singers.
A lot of people have so much critic on that band "NICKELBACK" why?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

aab wrote:

Anyone off key, especially MEE!!! big_smile

Am as sad as you though i dont have a key!....off or otherwise sad

Cheers  Micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

17 (edited by ozymandias 2009-04-05 13:28:19)

Zurf wrote:

Any number of blonde, young, glamorous women in Country music.  I wish that Country would stop worrying about how good a woman looks while barely wearing clothes and start worrying about how she sings.  I guess they figure no one will ever be able to approach Patsy Cline and so they'll just have overly made-up women in tight, low-cut clothes in the meanwhile.   Guess what? I CAN'T SEE HER ON THE RADIO!!!  The more off key, the lower the neckline. 

- Zurf

Amen, besides you've got wonderful voices and looks in Reba McCintire, EmmyLou Harris, Dolly Parton.  Shania Twain needs to drop the slinky sexpot looks and use her voice, which I consider pretty good.  Terri Clark is a woman who looks good and has a great voice. 

But as they say....."Sex sells".  But I listen to music, I don't "watch" music. 

As for annoying music, anything out of the Disney teen pop queen stable:  Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears,...........It makes my ears hurt just thinking about that group.

Zurf wrote:

My wife cannot stand to hear Macy Gray sing.  However, I rather like that whiskey and cigarettes voice.  There is a whiskey and cigarettes voice I don't like, but I can't remember it right now.  She sang that song about leather and lace.  What was her name? 

The 1980's were rife with them.  Fortunately, men singing like men is back in fashion. 

- Zurf

Zurf, surely you don't mean Stevie Nicks, of Fleetwood Mac Fame!  Say it ain't so!  I like Macy too! wink

RavenLady

That's All Non-Violence is
--- Organized Love---
        Joan Baez

The dude that sang for Smashing Pumpkins.   Worst band in the history of bands.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

i used to like kylie minogue till i heard her massacre "dance tonight" as a duet with paul mccartney on hootnanny two years ago...that was painful

also that tuneless cretin who used to sing with the smiths

stevie nicks i might agree with [though she does sing in tune] now christine macvie...what a voice!!! booootiful

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

i used to like kylie minogue till i heard her massacre "dance tonight" as a duet with paul mccartney on hootnanny two years ago...that was painful

also that tuneless cretin who used to sing with the smiths

stevie nicks i might agree with [though she does sing in tune] now christine macvie...what a voice!!! booootiful

Kylie Minogue is a dance style singer.  Christine Mcvie is an old style rock and blues type singer.

Talk about your "whiskey and cigarettes" voice. 

AND I HATE smoking of any kind!  <grin>

Tom DeLonge

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Kenny Chesney...........it sounds like he's singin' with big ole' jelly beans lodged deep within his nostrils. And I heard tale once of a man who saw KC with his hat off . According to this fella that saw KC hatless, he swears Kenny has two golf-ball sized lumps right on top of his head that jiggle like jello when he walks. This may or may not be totally true.

I watched a CMT story tellers episode once in which KC, with a close-up camera in his face, tell a "story" of a song he'd "written". (ahem) After his long-winded blah-blah-blah fest the song began. The camera panned away revealing KC playing a G chord on his unplugged guitar for the entire song. There were 2 "real" guitarists flanking KC to his left and right that were playing acoustic guitars( very well I must say), and changing chords at appropriate times,and their guitars were plugged in.........This is 100% true.

I have zero tolerance for posers.

Give everything but up.

Well that's a sad story! sad 
I didn't care for his stuff anyway.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

camera panned away revealing KC playing a G chord on his unplugged guitar for the entire song.

You'd think if he's not gonna entertain, he could at least put the darn thing down if he can't play it! Now I've just got one more reason not to like his stuff.

Ron

Akon. It sounds like he cant breathe through his nose.. I get chills everytime I hear him.
And i must agree in your number 7 - Paris Hilton. Arg, I cant take it!

I wish I could see a field below..